My Prince Derek: Prologue

First of all I totally understand...NO ONE LIKES PROLOGUES; however, I just felt like this background info was important.

This is my first story please comment and tell me if you like it i'm new at this and I am open to everyone's opinions and advice so please comment! :)

 In 2877 democracy around the world was over thrown, and monarchy was on the rise.  One man rose above the rest.  His name is King Derek of Levon.  King Derek rose above the others and built his castle, and ruled his land.  He was the mightiest King of all, except he did not possess one thing that he wanted most out of everything.  A women to rule along side of him.  In order to find a wife he set up the Levon Festival, and he would invite everyone in his land to his home to dance and dine as he preyed for his future wife.  During the festival he saw the most beautiful women that he has ever seen, and of course he went over to talk with her.  As soon as he tapped lightly on her shoulder and she directed her attention towards him he knew she was the one for him.  It took no longer than five minutes and they were madly in love.  In year 2932 they gave birth to their only son and named him Derek.  Six years later in 2938 King Derek died, they do not know how; however, he laid breathless on the floor.  His beloved wife fell into great depression and stopped talking to everyone including her son.  Thirteen years passed and the son is now 18, and on his 19th birthday which is celebrated on Levon every year he will find his wife. 

1 Week After Zita's 9th Birthday.

My parents and I live in King Derek's district it is a large city surrounded by little towns.  Our town is called Luminous.  The other town names are Evenki, Veronike, Obambulate, and Navette.  My parents own a shop called Knight and Dale.  I work for my parents at the shop, they forced me to quite school because it was too expensive.   Our family is not the wealthiest of families, and since I am the youngest I do expect to receive much.  My sister married off to a farmer, and my two brothers ride ships around the world and take down people who are involved in illegal trade.  My siblings are already gone.  They have not come back since they have left even when we are at our worst of times like right now.  But we need to live on with our heads held high, at least that is what my mother says.  

1 Hour After Zita's 14th Birthday.

As soon as I turned twelve my parents walked into my room and started packing. When I asked what they were doing they sat me down and explained how we are hurting for money so they sold me to a nice gentleman who will give me work.  I still did not understand until we arrived at The Sun Temple. On the inside it was not as "sunny" as i thought, it was dark and morbid.  I discovered later that I am worth $10,000, but I sell for $50 an hour. In a dark room every night alone with a man that is not in my family, takes off his clothes then carefully sheds mine.  I prayed everyday for two years until my angel finally arrived.

18 Days After my 16th Birthday.

He floated in with a crisp white and black cloak with a familiar emblem on it, and exotic features that made a women go mad. He spotted me in the corner, and walked over to me suddenly snatching my arm and dragging me outside for the first time in two years.