Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jillian's POV

If each curse word that one would utter results to the plucking of a strand of hair, then I'd be completely bald by now. My long and gorgeous hair would cease to extinction because of my random swearing in my mind. Whose fault was it if that happened to my crowning glory? Well, I blamed it to the guy who's standing in front of me. The one who'd been standing with a stupid grin on his face imitating the look of a cheshire cat from a certain tale about a young girl finding adventures in wonderland.

"What are you doing in here,PG?" I scrutinized him like a police officer would do to a suspect of a particular crime. I noticed that his braces were gone and his hair got a different style now, but the glasses remained on his face. The glasses seemed to symbolize sophistication rather than the stereotypical nerd it would denote.His appearance today was much better than his usual geeky self which comprised of huge black eyeglasses, colorful braces, and a hair style which is parted in the middle. I've got to admit he looked cuter now with his well-defined features and manlier look. "Are you going to make my life worse like you did in high school?"

"Of course not. Why would I do that?" PG replied pretending to be shocked by my remark. He removed his glasses and wiped it with a brown plaid handkerchief then slowly moved closer to me. As he walked towards me and touched my face, I slowly turned away wondering where the hell did he get all this confidence. This was all new to me and I never thought of the day he would be in this bold state. I rather preferred him to be the silent, shy and clumsy nerd he used to be. "I love you and I know you feel the same way too."

"Did you forget to take your medications or maybe you bumped your head on your way here?" I mockingly guessed the reason why he was acting like a lunatic. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he saying all these rubbish and crazy things?

"Silly Jill! Both of your guesses are wrong. Why would you doubt my love for you?" he stated as he returned his glasses to his face and placed his hands on my shoulders while staring intently on my blue orbs.

"Stop this nonsense, PG. I'm not in the mood so don't you dare bother me!" I brushed his hands off while feeling irritated already. I just went to the bleachers and sat far away from him hoping that he wouldn't follow me and annoy me like he used to. I just wanted to have some peace of mind right now and PG wasn't the person to be with if you wanted to attain that. You could compare him to a chewing gum stucked on someone's hair for example. He was a pain in the ass and extremely difficult to get rid of.

"By the way, don't ever call me Jill!"

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»««»«»«

Philip Gallagher or otherwise known as PG was my former classmate in high school and he annoyed the heck out of me in many ways that you could ever imagine. Well, it all started during freshmen year and it was Valentine's Day. I brought loads of heart-shaped chocolates to give to my circle of friends. Since I had no date or whatsoever, I just spent time with a couple of my single friends and that's when I noticed him. It was lunch break and we were in the school cafeteria when I recognized a guy from my statistics class sitting and eating alone in a corner.

I didn't know what happened to myself but it seems that my legs got a mind on its own. Maybe my kind and generous part of me woke up and pitied him. I went to him and gave him some of the remaining chocolates that I brought. His chocolate brown eyes were searching into mine,lost for words. He just muttered a soft thank you and ran his fingers through his hair. I just smiled and went back to the table which was now full of people with unanswered questions. Really? Was it impossible to imagine that I could do something good every now and then? I just didn't want somebody to be lonely during Valentine's Day even if it was the introvert nerd. Little did I know that I made a big mistake by being nice to him.