Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jillian's POV

Hmm..It's still dark outside. I wonder what time it is. I just woke up feeling myriad of emotions that only a new student in a brand new school should feel. Instead of just going to a new school, I'm going to start a new chapter of my life--COLLEGE.

Yes, I'm going to college here in our town and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. My high school friends weren't going to be there with me since they decided to go to other schools so I'm going to start from scratch.

I'm sure I'm going to make some new friends. Who wouldn't be? I'm as friendly and approachable as my kindergarten teacher who gave everyone in my class heart-shaped cookies during Valentine's Day.

Oooh..I swore that I missed those cookies. I could still remember what they taste like. They're moist, chewy and they melted in my mouth! Plus she would bring several add-ons like chocolate or rainbow sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and my all-time favorite jelly beans.

I mentally slapped my face before I get carried away and keep saliva from coming out from my mouth. I'm not exaggerating!

One time, my classmate Andrew from kindergarten touched Erin's boobs so Mrs. Michaels' punishment was to let him watch while all of us were eating our cookies.

I swore that I saw him salivating like a hungry dog would do. That served the little pervert right. Erin just kept eating and teasing Andrew with a triumphant smile on her tear-stained face. Andrew's reaction was just epic as he sat uncomfortably on his chair while shifting his eyes in different directions.

I also knew that Mrs. Michaels gave him one cookie when everybody left the classroom and told him not to it again. I accidentally went back to my classroom when I witnessed the scene as Andrew promised not to do bad things on little girls.

That was nice of her but sadly, Andrew didn't kept his promise. He kissed me the next day during recess and tears kept falling from my eyes because of shock and mostly because I wanted my first kiss to be with Prince Eric from "The Little Mermaid".

What? He's dreamy and I watched that Disney film countless of times. How dare he stole my first kiss! That should be Prince Eric instead of him.

After that horrible incident, I went to Mrs. Michaels' room and told her everything. After that, she lost her composure for awhile and went outside to lecture the little pervert. I overheard their discussion as I passed by and hid from the big oak tree in the playground. I never seen her so angry as she demanded out of him what came to his mind when he did that.

After several minutes of silence, he answered that he felt like doing it. That jerk! I wish I could give him my piece of mind. My teacher just told him to write a long letter of his apology, but I didn't accepted it when he gave it to me the next day.

He just shrugged and went to his seat by the window after that. I suddenly stopped remembering events from my part when I heard a series of knocks from my door.

"Jillian! Are you still sleeping? It's your first day in college and you shouldn't be late," my mother exclaimed with worry on her voice.

I literally jumped off my bed afterwards and race to the bathroom. I should be fully prepared by now and instead I'm reminiscing some kind of horrible incident.

After showering, I changed into my white college uniform. Oh my gosh. I am a college girl now. Another phase of my boring life. I stared back at the mirror while fixing my hair not believing how time goes by so fast.

I texted my other friends in high school to have a great day in their respective schools. I'm sure that I'll miss them but I should be on my own now since this is college life. The real deal. A journey in order to have a successful career and a bright future. My yellow brick road to my dream as a physical therapist.

I ate breakfast together with my family. I gobbled down the pancakes with honey and melted butter as fast as I can since I can't afford to be late.

My little brother, Malcolm who is in his third year in high school just stared at me like I'm some kind of crazy person and my youngest brother, Darwin looked at me disgustingly and feigned like he's puking.

My mother was still busy cooking the last batch of eggs while my father's eyes are on the morning news so thank God that they didn't notice me eating like a pig.

After that, I brushed my teeth to the chorus of Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus. Every week I changed the chorus of my "Brushing My Teeth Songs". Next week it would be Red by Taylor Swift. People should try it sometimes since it's more fun that way and your teeth will be much cleaner and shinier.

As I was singing in my head while brushing my teeth and moving my hips like crazy, I heard Malcolm's voice as soon as he opened the bathroom door.

"Aaaah! My eyes! They're burning because of your horrible dance moves." My brother pretended to act like he's eyes were burning. Gosh. I sometimes love my idiot brother. Not.

After checking my things if they're already in my black leather shoulder bag and getting my allowance from my dad, I bade my family goodbye.

I waited for the public bus across the corner of our street while reading my text messages. I can't wait to have my own licence and drive my own car.

There's a small bench in the waiting shed so I sat there while waiting for the public transportation. As soon as I saw a glimpse of a white bus coming on my way, I immediately stand up for the bus driver to see me. I immediately went up and picked a seat nearest to the window.

Several minutes later, my new school came to my view and I told the bus driver that I reached my destination. I gave him my fare and slowly went down while my heart is beating so fast.

This is it. The start of my college life. I ascended the long stairs while staring at the beautiful surroundings. This stairs are extremely in great length and it seems that I've been climbing here forever but not reaching the steel gate.

I suddenly tripped when I was near the big gate. I looked around and I'm really grateful nobody saw that.

I took a deep breath when I'm already in front of the gate. I closed my eyes and reached for the gate handles when somebody tapped me on my shoulder.

Then, I screamed.

********************************

Oh my. Why did Jillian scream?

Okay. That's the first chapter of "Knock, knock.."

I hope you like it. Please give me some feedback so that I'll know what's wrong with it.

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN.

-Joanna:))