Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Jillian's POV

How could my start in this college became miserable from the very beginning? Have I been jinxed and cursed with bad luck? I mentally listed all the bad things that happened to me; from the moment I tripped upon my way to the gate up to this unpleasant occasion this very instance. Whose flaw is this anyway? Of course, it's freaking Philip Gallagher's fault. I knew I couldn't blame him for all the bad luck today since I admit that my clumsiness was almost a disease, but his arrival was totally bad news. I could totally sense it with my intuition!

This idiot led me here to this janitor's closet and unfortunately, the dean of our department came in just in time! The worst part other than his intriguing eyes and mysterious judgment was that he caught us holding hands together. Nah, not really. He was the one holding mine and we were just spotted in this humiliating situation wherein you are pleading intensely that the ground would swallow you whole.

He commended me earlier for my exemplary behavior, but I'm sure that he's going to change his mind now. Oh gosh! I couldn't imagine what he was thinking right now. What if he thought that we are making out in here? No, that's just gross. What if he thought that we're having a quickie before we decided to come out? Okay, Jillian...What's wrong with you? What's with these rubbish thoughts of mine? I think I'm going to puke the hell out if I'm going to continue with these terrible ideas!

Before I started to open my mouth, PG squeezed my hand firmly indicating for me not to speak out. Surprisingly, I complied not thinking about the consequences that would happen.

"Uncle! It's a surprise to see you here. This is Jillian Godfrey and we go way back," he started nonchalantly. Goodness! My role model in my career is his uncle? That's a shock. "Actually, I heard a moaning sound earlier inside this janitor's closet and I went inside to investigate. To my astonishment, it was Jillian and she was on the floor writhing with excruciating pain and deep agony. I told her that she needs to go to the clinic but she disregarded it saying that her period gave her really bad menstrual cramps. It was no big deal for her, but I decided to send her to the clinic anyways and that's where you came in, uncle." Um...Menstrual cramps?? And when PG's outrageous alibis finally sunk in, I feigned having pain in my abdomen and since I love acting, I strongly believe that I pulled it off really well. In fact, Dr. Atkinson was in the verge of panic and told us to go to the clinic immediately.

"Jillian, take Philip with you to the clinic and rest for awhile. You can both skip the student's orientation and just proceed to your designated classrooms afterwards," the great Dr. Atkinson said with worry in his voice. "As for now, I'm going to the auditorium now since I will be speaking in the closing remarks." He left and hurried to the direction of the auditorium and just on cue, I playfully punch PG's arm.

"Menstrual cramps? Really, PG? How original," I replied sarcastically. Well, I have to give him plus points for thinking so fast in an embarrassing situation.

"So how about a kiss, Jill? I saved your ass earlier. You choked in front of my uncle and it was cute of you. I never saw you in that situation since you will always have a sassy or smart remark in the end." He protruded his lips to make kissy gestures and grinned like a Cheshire Cat would do. Ugh. I really hate his guts!

"As if! Don't be ridiculous," I retorted feeling annoyed already. Then, he leaned towards me as we walked towards the clinic. Ugh. The hallway was very wide and he chose to be this close to me. Thank goodness that people were not around since they were probably all present in the orientation. Did it made sense that I had to miss this important orientation when on the first place, I literally opened the university (with Mr. Ca--Hannibal, of course...)? Never in this dimension, actually.