Chapter 2

Faith looked to the man before him.

"State your name, lobo. What is your name?" she asked.

She watched as the man smiled lighlty and kept his distance from her, but responded calmly and with authority. "Matthew... Matthew Gomez"

Faith looked to him. "Are all wolves hispanic?"

"Well, it certain is a great population greater than that of black wolves. Most is consistant of hispanics"

"Ah.. I see"

"That is all you can ask?" he asked.

Faith looked to the man and soon shook her head. He smiled. "Well, Miss, Ask anything. I am open to any question you may have."

With that open door, she came out with many questions at once

"What year were you born? When were you turned? How did you get into Slavery? How-"

"My, Miss. So many questions... Must you pile them on me at once?"

She blushed lightly and smiled. "My apologize. It is just.. I've known werewolves to be guardians... Of vampires, or so my father led me to believe"

Matthew looked to her. "Your father, the slave master... Yes... Had many werewolf slaves. That way people of the day, and intruders of the night did not go unnoticed. We were mere pets"

She watched as his clutch on the cane became tight. She looked down. "To be honest, Mr. Gomez... I have not enjoyed my stay with my father. I was praised, yet despised. I cared about my people of color. And i refused to let them be scarred." Matthew looked at her and smiled. "I knew you were the rebellious type."

"Rebellious? What makes you say such things?"

"It is the look in your eyes.. The look your giving me now, Peaceful, yet on guard... It is soothing to see a beautiful vampire like yourself..." he smiled, then looked out upon the lake. "I have heard about the slave trade. It is both human and vampire exchange... Werewolves are also involved."

"You know of this atrocity?"

"Si. I have been freed, yet other places, like the big continent we now live in, still value slaves... And so they still do slave trades."

Faith listened attentively, thinking deeply into the situation.

"You know my name, Miss, and now... i must ask you something before i lose my senses"

Faith looked in confusion as the wolf before her turned and smiled down to her.

"Would you do me the honor... of coming to the ball that i am conducting tomorrow evening? The ball wouldn't be complete without your beautiful face"

He reached out to touch her, and placed a soft hand on her cheek. She felt her heart race, as she shut her eyes and gave him a small smile. She looked to the man before him, and for the first time, she had not felt the need to reject him... She didn't think about the werewolf side of him... Which was different. "Yes.. yes, i will" she replied and smiled, before blushing. "Oh, my... I am late. I must leave..." before she turned, he grabbed her hand. "Love... I want to see you tomorrow at the ball. I can trust you, can i?"

She smiled and nodded. "I have never known a day where i could not keep my promises"

He smiled and let her go. "The i will see you en la Mañanas. Hasta entonces, mi delicada belleza" she smiled and took a few steps before she heard his voice

"What is your name, may i ask?"

She smiled and looked back to him. "I will tell you on the Morrow. At the ball." With that she walked away, and he turned with a smile, walking to his home.