Chapter 1

The spring breeze greeted the freed people of color, in their new home, where they were free to do as they pleased. It was beautiful, this world, where no work went unpaid, no whips, no chains, no unneeded punishments... Just what the people had dreamed of... A place to call home.

Faith Silhouette... A woman profound, and beautiful, a woman that was courted by many, only to let them down... She would not marry whom she did not love. All men wanted was an heir, let it be of her choice whom's blood lingers with hers within their creation.

This was the night before the free werewolves had been shipped here, and they were more than welcome by the vampires of this small city. All were happy to see that freedom was in their hands, and became them, and Faith was pleased. There was nothing better, than to see smiles of joy than none, and tears of joy instead of despair. All her life so far, she had seen such things, and her un-beating heart bled for them, the people in which she was a part of... And still, the freed people of color welcomed the half breeds, knowing it was not their fault.

Faith watched as the people walked the streets, happy, meeting wolves, and halfbreeds, and drinking until they dropped, laughing until their lungs hurt, working with complete content. This was freedom... This was something she waited 80 years to see... And now she was a part of the dream of all people of color.

She, although was pleased with the future they had reached, felt a bit of uncertainty. The half breeds were courting white vampires, vampires that wanted to interbreed, like their fathers and grandfathers did when her people were in shakles. This be Plaçage, they'd call it. Women bowing down to them, seducing the very thing they feared. They were enemies to the people of color, and yet they allowed the white vampires to stay around. Though they were free, they did not want any evil intent towards the ones that had the same color blood in their skins, no matter the shade. They wanted their past near, so they could remember... Slavery was no longer their destiny.

Faith knew it was so that their children had a fighting chance in this world, but she also knew this; it does not matter if he was rich, poor,blanco, or negro, or even in between, they would have a fighting chance if by will they want it. Not by blood. It would only go so far. And not far enough for many who do not wish and go hard enough.

Still, she could not complain. She was well endowed with beauty, this she gives credit to her mother. Her mother, Zanzu, was a field slave, who died fighting back against the white man when they accused her of stealing. She watched as they lynched her, hurting her in ways unimaginable. Something like this, only made her rebellious against the lighter skin, but she kept this to herself. Never bring forth hatred against the lighter tone, for it will come back for payment.

Now, she was a free vampire, walking the small town, going to greet every person of color within the stores, and congratulated them, complimented, even humbly respected their works. It took alot to stay strong for freedom... But it took even more to find a free way of living. And she was proud to be one of them.

.

The day was November 3rd of the harvest, and the people of color were running to Times Square to hear news of a certain election. Faith was one of them. She walked with haste as she made her way closest to the messenger, also a vampire. He looked around sadly as he looked at the crowd. Everyone had come for news.

"People of this small city... It distresses me to inform you... That the elections between Martin Van Buren and William Henry Harrison has been decided... Harrison has won the election"

Everyone halted all noise, and complete silence... Harrison won? Should they cheer? Should they protest? Harrison was NOT a better candidate than Van Buren. Faith stared as she saw her people protest and run about in distress, spreading the news. Faith sighed to herself as she walked on, not knowing her friends Lisette and Abagail were nearby.