Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Thank god it's nearly break. I don't think I'll be able to sit here for much longer, working myself into a panic.

Im going to confront him after class, but I don't even know what I'm going to say yet. I'm staring off into a daze while he continues with his tale. But I don't want to hear any of it right now. I want answers from him, and I'm determine to get them.

"Right class, I think that's it." Harvey wraps up, clapping his hands together. "I shall see you all fourth period."
Everyone couldn't get out the room fast enough, Mr Kent's take long forgotten. I stay seated though, not that Harvey notices, he's too busy clearing his desk.

By now the room is empty, apart from me and Harvey. "What is it you want, Miss Rochester?" He calls out to me, not looking up at me. I get up from my chair and stomp my way down, textbook in hand. "You know exactly what I want!"

"I don't think I do, Gabrielle. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking, would I ?"

"STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH ME?!! You do know!!" I say through gritted teeth, slamming the textbook down in his desk and searching for the written notes. I pull them out aggressively and shove them in his face, as proof. "Look! Look! See, this is what I'm talking about. Mind games."

"And what is it you're meant to be showing me? Because from what I can see it's just a piece of paper."

"Just a piece of paper. JUST A PIECE OF PAPER!" I repeat. I frantically unfold the paper and show it him again. "Then what do you call this?! Hmm?!" I ask again.

"Like I said, a blank piece of paper." Harvey puts emphasis on the word blank, getting his point across.

What?!
My fave must be filled with confusion because Harvey smirks in satisfaction, but it's gone quicker than it appeared. The more I stare at the piece of paper in my hand the more frightened and confused I feel.

B-but there was writing. I saw it!

"Well, obviously not, Gabrielle." He smirks.

Did I say that out loud?

"No you didn't." He answers me.

I gulp, what is going on here? I think to myself. Am I going crazy? Am I imagining this? Oh please let me be imagining this.

I drop the paper, watching it as it floats to the floor. I point in Harvey's face accusingly. "Y-you did this! You're fucking with me, aren't you?!"

"As much as I'd like to be fucking with you, I am not." He replies not fazed by me. The way he spoke to me made me think there was a double meaning to why he was saying.

"You are! I just know you are!" I stubbornly reply.
Harvey is up and out his desk quicker than my eyes could follow. He makes his way round to me and pins me against the desk, meanwhile I stay frozen to the spot. He leans in close do our faces are nearly touching. "If you want me to fuck with you, all you have to do is ask." He whispers, staring at my lips.

"Fuck you!" I cuss.

"You may,"

"Just stop! Why won't you listen to me!" I growl, frustrated.

You're sexy when you're mad.

Hello?

"Hello?" Harvey says.

I shake his grip off of my arms and clutch my head in my hands. "Just stop! Make it stop, please!" I plead to nobody in particular.
Harvey is calling my name, shaking me. But I just can't acknowledge him. "Gabrielle! Gabrielle! Gabrielle just listen to me for a second!" He says, trying to get my attention.
Two big hands grip my face and tilt it upwards. Before I can pull away though, Harvey's lips are locked against mine. Whiteout intending to, I start to respond to him.

This is very wrong, but 'o' so right!

Our tongues fighting for dominance while exploring each other. My mind was telling me to back away, run and move to Spain. Where I can change my identity and live the rest of my life a newly-Spanish woman. But my body was telling me the exact opposite. In fact, i can't even begin to explain what I'm feeling, as this is indescribable.

Im sorry... that voice says in my head again just as Harvey pulls away.

My eyes widen, staring at him in shock and realisation. "No," I deny, shaking my head as I slowly back away from him. "N-no... surely not." I repeat. "But your... I'm just... why pick..." I stutter to myself.

Harvey hasn't moved from where he was stood, just staring at me. "Gabrielle. Listen to me." He calmly commands me.

"You do not have the right to demand things from me you abnormal freak!" I shriek at him, trembling in both fear and anger.

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me !" I sneer, "Do not come near me!" I point at him when he advances towards me. I don't think to run towards the door, instead, I back away from him. What I didn't bare in mind is that the room is only so big. Now, my back is pressed against the cold wall while Harvey cages me in his arms. He doesn't say anything, but neither do I. I stare at him, fearful.
He searches my face. "I didn't think you'd find out this soon." He murmurs to me. It's as if something inside me changed. Something snapped. All I felt was rage.

"Didn't think I'd find out this soon... DIDNT THINK I WOULD FIND OUT THIS SOON!! What the fuck are you on?!! I shouldn't have been involved in this! Why would you even fuck with me like this?! I know the answer to that, it's because you're a fucking demon! Are you insinuating that I'm fucking stupid! I'm a lot smarter and stronger than you may think, and I do not need someone like you to tell me that! I do not need nor want to be around your kind. Not after what... no, I can't. I can't even look at you, you fucking cunt!" I rant, while Harvey stands and takes all the abuse in giving.

"Are you quite finished, Miss Rochester?"

"I'm finished when I say I'm finished!" I sneer right in his face? Forcefully barging my way out of his cage and storm out, going in search of McKenzie.

* * *