Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All lunch, me and McKenzie did what we usually did. Sat behind the shed and people-gossiped.
McKenzie did smoke, but I didn't allow her to smoke around me. I hate it.

"I can't believe that bitch Lucy acted like that towards you. I mean, it was expected, her being a whore an' all, but seriously?! What have you ever done to her?"

I shrug my shoulders, my mind elsewhere. Thinking about a certain random someone that starred in my dreams.
McKenzie must have been rambling for some time, as I'm still sat there, unaware of the fact that the bell had rang and McKenzie had gotten up already.

"Gabrielle? Gabrielle are you ready?"

"Y-yeah, sure." I stutter, dusting myself off and collecting myself, making my way to Spiritual.

Finally...

* * *
My head is held low when I walk into class, avoiding conversation with anyone and everyone. I take a set in the back-centre row, facing the direct front.

About a week ago, I had checked online what subjects and topics is be tested on, and managed to revise a few of the latest ones.
Which was what I was doing now: scribbling a few key points down.

"Right class, I'm Mr Kent, your new spiritual teacher." A voice announces their presence.

My head whips up, staring straight up at him.

Holy Shit!

It was the guy that wrote me a note for English!!

I narrow my eyes at him as he talks to his class, not yet noticing me.
His eyes land on me, and he doesn't at all looked shocked.
I bet he knew he would have me for Spiritual.

This must be the guy that everyone has been gushing over !

To be honest, I don't see anything special about him...

I give him the look over, and he watches me. Giving me a look that says he knows exactly what I'm thinking.

Does he?

No, of course not...

Bu-

No! There's no chance that he can hear me. Or am I accidentally talking out loud again.
One look around the room indicates that I'm not.

Thank God!

YOU SEE WHAT SPIRITUAL CLASS DOES TO YOU!! It fucks with your head! Well, at least mine anyway.

"Right class! Settle down!" Harvey gets the attention of all the students in the class. Although it wasn't hard, as all f the female students had their eyes trained on him like a hawk. "I'm Mr Kent, as you may have heard. I'll be your new spiritual teacher from here on. Can somebody tell me what you were learning before Mr Link left?"

Everyone's silent, not wanting to answer that, as they have absolutely no clue. It seems that they only picked spiritual because it's a shit lesson that you do nothing in.

I yawn to myself, arms folded. It seems that I was the only one that paid attention in this class!

"Miss Rochester! Am I boring you?" Harvey asks me, causing everyone to stare at me.

"No." I say back, not changing my posture.

"Well, would you mind to answer the question?" He asks, but not really asking me. Rather, demanding.

"Sure." I shrug my shoulders, then go to speak.

"Not quite, Miss Rochester! I want you to come to the front of class." Harvey tells me, smirking while gesturing to the place beside him.
I give a tight smile, but get up and make my way down.

"Before Mr Link had left, se were half way through the topic of demons." I state, not really sure what he wanted me to do.

"And? What do you know, if anything?" Mr Kent jokes, making the class giggle and sneer.

What a bastard!
I'll show him!

"Fine. A demon or fiend is a supernatural, often malevolent being prevalent in religion, occultism, literature, fiction, mythology and folklore. There are many demons ranging not form A to Z, all from different religions. Virtually all religions & cultures have various supernatural entities that are considered malevolent or even evil. In some cultures, these may be simply forces of nature like hurricanes. Sometimes they are entities with capabilities for destruction such as fertility gods/goddesses. And in some belief systems, they are evil spirits hellbent on making one's life miserable. They are seen as "Angels that sinned", or spiritual creatures who rebelled against God. It was said in the Bible that the first angel to make himself into a devil was Satan the Devil, whom the Bible calls "the ruler of the demons"." I explain off the top of my head. I take a look around the room, and some looked bored and others looked confused.

Show how much they know.

My eyes cast beside me towards Mr Kent, and he looks speechless. I raise my eyebrow.

Told you I was awesome!

"Yes. Yes you did." He whispers, making my eyebrows furrow.

Whaaaaa?

He clears his throat, collecting himself. "Thank you, Miss Rochester. That was... brilliant."

Too right I did brilliant. I smirk smugly and walk back to my seat. Nots not very often that I get to do that, I don't have the guts.

Yeah, I mean it's not as if I have a low self-esteem, it's just that I'm not a very social person. I'm more of a private person, keeping myself to myself. Listening rather than talking.

"We will no longer be learning about these demons, demonic creatures." Mr Kent tells us. "Instead we'll look at a creature I think some of you will...find exciting." He says, addressing the class, but focusing on me. I try to act like it doesn't affect me, trying not to squirm on my seat.

Try...

"We'll study the incubus." He announces.

What the fuck is an incubus?!

"Urm, Sir? What is an incubus?" Lucy says innocently, making sure he got a good view down her shirt.

"An incubus is a demon in male form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon sleepers, especially women, in order to engage in sexual activity with them. Its female counterpart is the succubus."

"That's fucking awesome!" Some guy says at the back of class near me.

Mr Kent smirks at his remark, "Quite. In fact, the incubus is a very interesting and popular supernatural creature."

I zone out. Thinking about this incubus creature. Why is it so damn familiar? Am I being haunted by an incubus?

Is that why my dreams are all the same!?

Oh dear lord!