Chapter 6

I swam to the dungeons with Mimi.

"So, what do you think of him?" She asked me

"Who?" I asked

"The Head of course! Did you think he liked me? Did he like you? Do you think he's hot?"

"Oh, um, well I guess he's good looking, and I'm sure he likes you." What I really wanted to say was that he was just using her affection for free work. I mean, who wants to swim to the dungeons with someone?

"Oh you think so? I mean he's just so important and-" I stopped listening to her after that. I just nodded my head and pretended I was listening until we got to Cole's cell.

"Cole?" I asked him. He was asleep and tossing and turning.

"No, Hunnie, stay! Don't leave! Don't go down there! I won't see you again!" He screamed

"What's happenning to him? What are you doing to him?" I asked the mermaids surrounding him

"We are torturing him, showing him his worst fears in the most realistic ways." Said a mermaid to his left.

"Well I order you to release him." I told them firmly. They released their hold on him.

"Fine. But why is this human so important to you? He's obviously got someone else, I mean, do you know who his Honey is?" Said the same mermaid

"My name is Hunnie. He was calling for me. He's a good friend and he was afraid of me going into the ocean because of what you all did to him! Now leave us alone, unless you can find him some air?" I told them. They all left, except the one I was talking to.

"You can give him air by giving him the Mer blessing." She said

"Thank you." I had no idea what the "Mer blessing" was so I just sang him the lullaby. His eyes opened. He lunged at me and wrapped me in his arms.

"COLE-CHOKING...NOT.....BREATHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I told him

"Huh? Oh, okay." He let me out of his arms. "I thought I lost you! What did they do to you? Are you okay?" He asked me

"Well, I discovered why I was so drawn to the ocean." I told him. He suddenly realised that I had a tail.

"You're one of them." He said to me.

"I'm not like them. I wouldn't hurt humans. I wouldn't ever hurt you."

"How long have you known?"

"Just for a few minutes."

"Ya right. How many humans have you killed? Was I just going to be like all of them?"

"No! I havn't hurt anyone! Remember when I met you? I ran away from someplace, someplace that hurt me. I would never ever do that to anyone else." I told him truthfully.

"Why are you like them?" He asked me

"I guess I was just born this way." I told him. He looked at me like I was crazy, but hey, I probably was.

"Hunnie? The Head wants to see you and the human boy." Mimi said, poking her head in.

"Oh, okay, let me just prepare Cole real quick." I said

"You can do that on the way, now come on!" She said, pulling our hands.

"Don't really talk to the Head unless you are spoken to, and don't be disrespectful." I said

"Why would I be disrespectful?" Cole asked

"Because he's our age, and I'm just preparing for the worst possible thing that could happen." I said

Mimi pulled open the doors leading us to the council. I looked at the Head in front, looking as brown-eyed and handsome as usual.

"Hunnie, why was this human so important to you?" The Head asked

"He helped me get here without hurting me."

"Hunnie, may I speak to you in private?" The Head asked me

"Of course, sir." I told him. Cole looked like he was about to bite the Head's head off.

"Just chill, okay?" I whispered to Cole. The Head got off of his throne and descended to meet me.

"Follow me." He said. He lead me out of the doors and out of the castle-like structure around me and into the open sea. He then lead me to a type of garden, full of coral reefs and other undersea things.

"It's a garden." I said intelligently.

"It's kept by my octopus, Loraine." Oh no, I feel a song coming on.

"I'd like to be

under the sea

In an octopus's garden,

in the shade!!!!

We would sing and dance arooooouuuuund

because we know we can't be found!"

"Sorry." I said after I had sang. He turned to me.

"Hunnie, why is this human boy really important to you?" He asked me

"Well, Mr. The Head, he saved my life, helped me here, didn't ask questions, and he's now my first friend."

"You can call me Jake." He said

"Well, Jake, that's what happened."

"Are you sure it's not because you have some attachment to him?"

"Yes, I'm sure. We both just needed to escape our worlds and my escape lead me here along with his."

"Fine, he may stay here, but he has to stay with the other humans." He said, unwillingly, and I knew this would be the best offer Cole would get here.

"Fine, Mr. The Head."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH! Somebody be jealoooouuuuuss! And his name starts with a J and ends with an AKE!!!!!

That's right, it's Burt.

Just kidding, anyway, so twenty reads before I post another chappie.

HI!!

April-13

P.S. I had to sing Octopus's Garden in 4th grade

P.P.S. All by myself

P.P.P.S. In front of my whole class

P.P.P.P.S. And my partner who wasn't there that day didn't have to perform it.

P.P.P.P.P.S. I got some new books!!! YAY!!!!

Bye.