Chapter 2

I landed on the ground clumsily. I got up and looked to the girls' room. The Lady was staring at me.

"GO GET HER! THE FIRST ONE TO GET HER GETS DINNER TONIGHT!"

Well, crud. I thought, That's definitely gonna encourage them to get me.

I started running through the streets. I turned right, left, to my right again, and came back to the orphanage. I did the same route but turned left at the last intersection. I looked behind me.

"Goodbye, girls. I'll miss you all."

I ran across a bridge and into the woods. I leaned against a tree, and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I heard music. And not just any music, THE HAPPY WORKING SONG! And of course, I just had to sing along.

"Come my little friends

As we all sing a happy little working song

Merry little voices clear and strong

Come and roll your sleeves up

So that we can pitch in

Cleaning crud up in the kitchen

As we sing along"

"Gah!" Someone shouted

"EEP!" I screamed. I looked beind me and there was a boy with black hair, green eyes, and pale skin.

"What are you doing here? This is my woods! Leave before I make my evil smurf minions eat you!"

"Woah, woah there, Red. Chill, I was just strumming." I noticed his guitar. Then got mad at him for calling me Red.

"OMISMURF! Don't you ever call me Red again!"

"Sorry, Red, but it's stuck already."

"GRR!!!"

"Hey, you sure do have a great voice. For a girl, I mean. Do you mind if I strum another while you sing along?"

"Yes, I do mind." He strummed anyway.

"Hey, heeyyy, heyyyy,

Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains

I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I went and let you blow my mind"

"Wow, you really are good."

"Aw shucks, thank you for the distraction, but ya gotta leave now."

"Please let me stay? I just ran away from home. They didn't let me do-" I was taken over by a strong urge all of a sudden while he was speaking.

"I have to go to the ocean."

"Why?"

"I just feel like it's where I have to go. Now, if you want to come along you can, but considering you don't even know my name and I don't know yours, it may be a bad idea." I started walking toward my internal compass's needle pointing toward the ocean.

"Hey, I'm Cole H-"

"No last names. I only have my first one anyways. My name is Hunnie. Nice to meet you, Cole."

 "Nice to meet you too, Honey."

"It's not Honey, my name is spelled H-U-N-N-I-E."

"Oh, sorry Hunnie."

"It's okay. So, we are going to need some rest-stops on our way to South Carolina. You have any in particular that you want to stop at?"

"We're driving?"

"Crud, no! Walking."

"No no no no. I am not walking."

"Sorry Mr. Diva-Pants. But we are."

"No, I'm just saying that I probably have enough money to buy plane tickets. That's all."

"Oh really? That would just make things soooooooo much easier!" I threw my arms around his neck and planted a goobery kiss on his cheek. "YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND, MR. COLE!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all you people that read my book!! You guys are MY NEW BEST FRIENDS!!!! So, again, I'm gonna need 20 reads before I can post a new chapter. Did you see how quick that was? First thing in the morning, I go to the computer and start a-typin.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SMURFIN MUCH!

April-13

P.S. Don't pick your nose.

P.P.S. Vote

P.P.P.S. Comment

P.P.P.P.S. I LOVE YOU!

P.P.P.P.P.S. Ignore that last one, I just love the people that read my stories :P