Chapter Ten

Ebony's Point Of View

We just sat in silence for a few minutes before Carter's phone started ringing. I pretended to play on my phone while he made plans for tonight.

"I'm finna go shower." Carter spoke throwing his phone beside me before getting up from the bed. I rolled my eyes , so what am I suppose to do tonight?

"You don't have any clothes." I stated laying down on my stomach with my legs in the air.

"I got some in the car." He replied walking into the adjoined bathroom. A few minutes went by before I heard the shower start. I grabbed Carter's phone and typed in the passcode before going through his DM's.

"Thirsty ass hoes." I shook my head as I looked at all the thirst traps he got. He replied to a few girls that had the whole package meaning big breast and huge asses. "Liar." I mumbled as I went out of his Instagram and checked his messages seeing as how he didn't reply to a few.

Out of all the messages he didn't reply to one caught my eye the name was saved as Babygirl with a red heart emoji . I clicked on the messages and began reading them.

Babygirl❤️: Come over.
8:34pm

Him : Otw.
8:39pm

Babygirl❤️: Caaaaaarter . Wyd?
9:57pm

Him: 😒 I'm right beside you lil girl.
9:58pm

After I read that message I realized that I was saved in his phone as Babygirl , I only know that cause these messages are recent. I shook my head and went out of our messages and into someones named Tiffany. I guess I was too engrossed in their conversation to notice Carter standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Find everything you need?" I jumped at the sound of his voice and looked up to see him standing in the bathroom doorway with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Shit carter." I hissed tossing his phone beside me and sat up on my knees.

"Did you find everything you needed?" He asked again walking towards the bedroom door , I rolled my eyes as he walked out of the bedroom.

I got up from my bed and walked out of my bedroom , I walked down the hall and into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl and bit into it as Carter walked through the front door with a bag. He walked past me like I wasn't even there and down the hall.

Once I finished up my apple Carter walked into the kitchen fully dressed with his car keys in hand. As he opened up the fridge I took in his outfit the way his navy blue jersey hung fittingly on his muscles and how he slightly sagged his dark Levi jeans and to top it off with a pair of Georgetown 11's on his feet and a silver rolex shining on his wrist.

"You look good." I complimented hopping on the kitchen counter as he closed the fridge.

"Thank you , imma just say this one time don't go through my stuff if you want to find out something ask me. I ain't Avery I ain't gonna hide shit from you , have you showered?" He questioned leaning against the wall.

"Yep why?" I asked popping the p.

"Go get dressed we going out." He spoke smiling.

"Where?" I questioned jumping down off the counter I winced as I felt tingles in my bare feet.

"To this lil cookout." He answered pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Kay gimme twenty minutes." I said.