Chapter 9 ~ Edited

The Mistake I'll Never Regret
Chapter 9
Jacs pov

I opened my eyes panic spread through my body as I notice this wasn't my bedroom. I started frantically kicking my legs and screaming.
"I've been kidnapped" I thought. I screamed even louder still kicking my legs. I tried getting out of bed but failed. I felt hands on my arms, trying to lay me back down. 
"Jac, calm down, you're in the hospital" i hear someone say. Hospital? What for? 
"Its okay baby girl, we're here" my mothers voice rang through my ears. i stopped screaming and tried relaxing myself. 
"Good girl Jac, that's it" i hear another voice. I looked around the room, seeing doctors and nurses surrounding my bed as well as my parents. 
"What happened? wh-where am i?" I crocked out. My throat aching from the screaming.
"You're in the hospital, you've been here for a week now, you have serious brain damage and bleeding in your brain. We've stopped it for now, but we don't know exactly how long until it starts bleeding again" the doctor answered me, fixing up the bed I ruined. 
"How did it happen?"  I asked. 
"We, were hoping you'd tell us" The doctor responded. 
"I don't,  i don't remember" 
"Well, the paramedics found you against some lockers. Does any of that ring a bell?" The doctor asked. Then it all came to me. I remember it all, from the start of school to the part where I blanked out. I looked at my mum who was now beside me, worry in my eyes. 
"It's okay darling, you can tell her" she whispered. 
"I, I was at my locker and a group of girls came up to me, saying hurtful things. I tried asking them to leave me alone but they didn't, so i tried pushing past them. But they just shoved me back into the lockers and then, then i blanked out" I mumbled. The doctor nodded her head and quickly walked out the room. "Did I something wrong?" i cried looking up to my mum. 
"Of course not dear, you did nothing at all wrong" she kissed my cheek, wiping away the tears. Few minutes passed and the door flew up. 
"Jac" Dylan shouted, barging through the door. Worry filled his eyes. "Are you alright, what happened?" 
"I'm fine, I just had a panic attack that's all" I spoke grabbing his hand. He let out a relived sigh. 
"Glad everything's fine, now scoot over a little" Dylan smiled, squeezing in beside me. His hand still gripped to mine. Dylan looked at me, tiredness filled his once sparkling blue eyes. I laid my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent. As i started drifting into a sleep, the door opened.
I opened an eye, seeing my mum talking to two police officers. One of the police officers, was tall, short brown hair and a very muscular looking figure, the other was slightly shorter than the first officer, he had a brown spiky type hair and a muscular figure too.  I sat up now, listening to there conversation. 
"Can't you guys come back later, she's sleeping now" my mother asked. 
"I'm sorry Mrs.Reed but we need do this now, so we can catch the people who done this sooner, rather than later" The tall officers spoke. My mum sighed and glanced over to me. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep again. 
"Jac hunny, there's some police officers here, want to ask you some questions" my mum slightly nudged my shoulder. I opened my eyes once again. 
"Hi Jac, I'm officer Smith, this is my partner, Officer Stanley, we need to ask you some questions about your incident" The slightly shorter one spoke, with his deep husky voice. I looked at him, then my mum, then him again. I nodded my head. "Great, we need you tell us everything that happened that day" Officer Smith continued. 
I told them everything i told the doctor only a few hours ago. I looked over at Officer Stanley who seemed to be taking notes on everything i was saying. 
"Can you tell us who it was, or even a description?" Officer Stanley asked looking up from his note pad. I bite my lip. Debating on weather i should tell them or not. 
"It, it was this popular girl named Laura and her two friends" i mumbled, hoping they didn't hear me. I looked over at Stanley again, he flipped his note pad over, shoving it under his armpit. 
"Thank you for your time, will contact you again soon" Stanley said walking out the door, Smith following behind. My mum turned to me with a sympathetically half smile, before walking out the room. 
Dylan laid beside me, softly snoring. I kissed the side of his head and rested my head on his shoulder. Falling into a deep sleep. 

------------------------------------

2 days have passed since they let me out of the hospital. The police have called a couple times. They haven't caught Laura and that yet, but they're still working on it. I laid my head on my pillows. It was great to be home, in my own bed. I rolled over, soaking in the comfort of  my bed. 
"whatcha doing there?" Dylan asked leaning against my door frame, a smirk spread across his face. I stopped rolling and sat up.
"I was, just soaking up the comfort of my bed" I laughed, realizing how stupid I must sound. Dylan laughed too, joining me on my bed. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist pulling me closer to his chest. he moved my blonde hair to the side and nuzzled his head into my neck. I grabbed Dylan's hand, playing with his fingers. 
"Is everything okay?" Dylan mumbled into my neck. I turned to him, moving his shaggy dirty blonde hair away from his face. 
"not really" I answered. 
"What's wrong?" He asked sitting up now.. 
"How come you never told me i only had a few months?" I looked down at my hands, water filling my eyes, 
"How did you find out? You weren't suppose to know" Dylan replied. 
"What do you mean I wasn't suppose to know? " i asked, completely shocked. "When were you going to tell me? When I was dead?" I stood up from the bed. Anger filled my body. 
"What? Jac, no please. let me explain" Dylan pleaded. "It isn't like that" He tried continuing. 
"Oh save it Dylan, just, just get out and leave me alone" 
"Jac, please" 
"Get out" I pointed towards the door. He looked at me with apologetic eyes, before walking out of my room. I locked the door behind him, tears falling down my face.
I walked to my bed and laid down, cuddling underneath the donor cover. I placed my hands on my belly and silently sobbed into my pillow. 
I couldn't believe i wasn't going to be here to see my baby grow up. I couldn't believe Dylan didn't tell me sooner. I sobbed even harder into my pillow, until sleep took over. 

Dylan's pov

A couple hours passed since Jac and I's little augment. I felt guilty about the whole thing. How could I be so stupid in not telling her sooner. I stood up from the couch and walked up stairs towards Jac's room.
I knocked on the door a couple times, but there was no answer. I tried turning the door knob, but failed. Walking back downstairs, i opened the back door,  allowing me to enter the backyard. I walked around towards the side area and started climbing up the little ladder type thing right outside Jac's window. 

I gently pushed against her window, hoping to god it was unlocked, thankfully it was. Climbing inside her room, I looked around, finding her curled up in bed. She looked so cute and cuddly. I smiled at her sleeping face. I lowered myself beside her bed and gently pushed Jac's shoulder. 
"Jac, it's time to get up now" I whispered into her ear. She slightly opened her eyes and rolled over. "Oh come on Jac, you're not still mad are you?" she rolled back around.
"Oh no, of course not. Not still mad at my boyfriend for not telling me I was gonna end up dead soon" Jac glared at me. "Are you actually that dumb? Of course I'm still mad" 
"Can I at least explain" I asked. She rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry I never told you sooner, I didn't know how to say it, or word. There was so many times i tried to, but I just couldn't. I couldn't bare the thought of you actually living. I was hoping the doctor made a mistake, I mis -understood everything, but unfortunately he didn't. I'm so sorry, I didn't tell you sooner and you found out this way and I'm also sorry for what i said earlier, I wasn't thinking" I explained, staring into her pale green eyes. 
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of gotten so mad, I should've let you explain first, before snapping at you, Sorry" Jac responded. I embraced her into a tight hug, kissing the top of her head. 
"I love you" I whispered. 
"I love you too" We stayed in this hug for a while. 
"Dylan?" Jac, spoke breaking the comforting silence. 
"Yes?" i respond. 
"Can you promise me on thing?" 
"What's that?"
"Can you promise me that you will always look after our baby, know matter what happens and that you will never let child services or whoever take him or her away, and you'll do whatever it takes to make him or her happy" She lifted her head up from my chest, looking me in the eyes as she spoke. 
"I promise, I will do whatever it takes to make our baby happy and to never let anyone take him or her away" I replied, looking her in the eyes, so she know's i mean it. 
"And if she or he ever calls for me, you play them the videos I'll make, so they know who there mother was" Tears rolling down her cheeks. I kiss her gently on the lips before whispering. 
"I promise"