Chapter 9

• Dedicated to my guy out there

CHAPTER 9

>>30 Minutes

So far, this day, I did not wake-up on people shouting at me, or jumping up and down  on my bed or  banging on the door OR someone getting me wet in bed by dumping me a lot of water.

Then I remembered what happened yesterday. A smile crept to my face. Remembering that today will be the day I’m gonna’ see him again. The love of my life.

I went downstairs, hopping with joy. I directly went to the kitchen, unsurprised to see Kathlene cooking some pancakes so early. I grabbed some and dumped it in into my mouth.

“Hey!! Where are your manners young lady?! What’s with you today?”

“Nothing” I shouted at her, mouth still very full with pancakes.

I plummeted myself on the couch, turning the TV on. I tried to find a goon-enough channel. Disappointed to find something interesting, I turned it off and catapulted myself to my room.

I was really hoping to find some nice show so that I could waste time and make it pass by fast. So I decided to go out and pamper myself. After preparing, I run and shouted that I will be out for the day and be back late noon.

I spent the day on the salon, having my nails painted red. Then I went to the shopping center, looking for cool things. I found this really cute necklace. It has this infinity sign on it and writing which says those three words that weighs a lot – “I Love You”. I bought two of it. One for me and one for him.

I got back the house after eating lunch at this very cool restaurant here in UK. They call it “Nando’s” and they’ve got the most delicious food I have ever tasted, well apart from my family’s cooking.

When I arrived at the house, there was completely no one home, just me. I checked my phone but there were no messages at all, not even a missed call. Well this is unusual, Kathlene and Izzy would always send me a text message whenever they go out by themselves and I’m nowhere to find. Completely nothing.

I went up to my room, trying to comfort myself. My heart was beating faster and faster. Butterflies fluttered inside my stomach. I was thinking about what would happen later this evening.

I tried to call Izzy and Kathlene but they won’t answer the phone. I tried it a thousand times. After such time, I decided to stop because it’s hopeless and it’s consuming a lot of my time.

So far today, I haven’t got any text message from Niall. Not even a single call that would inform me what time his plane would land so I could get him in the airport. Maybe his flight was canceled. Or maybe he got in an accident.

I looked down the clock beside my bed. It read 12:30 PM. Maybe I should give myself a beauty rest. I still got 4 hours before the date anyway. So I crept up under the sheets. Blocking all those worries behind me and drifted to sleep in a matter of seconds. Maybe I was a bit worked-up. I had set an alarm that would wake me up one hour after.

Less than an hour later (at least that's what i thought), my phone went mental. My ringtone was making me deaf. I answered it without looking who was calling.

“Hello..” I was 100% sure I sounded I sounded so sleepy.

“Hello babe,”  he said in a very sweet tone “Did I woke you up?” Niall said from the other end of the line.

“Actually yes but its okay. I was just taking a nap anyways.”

“We just landed babe and I’m very sorry I did not tell you ahead of time. Did not have the chance to. Right after we were done, we went to the airport right away and sadly I fell asleep on the way there. Can you forgive me?”

“Well of course yes. Why not? Love you babe.”

“Love you too babe. Well, look at the time. I guess time really do pass by fast. See you in 30 minutes babe!! LOVE YOU SO much!! Mwahh” and with that he sent me a kiss then ended the call.

I look at the time on my phone and it said 5:30 PM. “OH MY FREAKING SHIT! What the heck happened and my phone did not buzzed on alarm?? This sucks.. really really sucks!!” I went yapping on how my phone did not alarm or why wasn’t I able to wake up when it rang while I mess around the room as I prepare for the date which will be 30 minutes from now.

Got into the showered and I think I was there for less than a minute. Don’t have that much time now. I hurriedly dried my hair and made some curls at the end. Burned my thumb on the process though.  I just let it fall off my shoulders since the dress Niall got me is a tube top. But thank goodness it’s not really body fit. Its kind of puffy. Its color radiating against my skin. Which is why I really love Red. It just make my skin look a lot more vibrant.

Then I went to putting some make up. I went to the bathroom / make shift powder room and applied a bit of eyeliner and mascara to enhance my eyes, which has the color of a bar of milk chocolate, and then some petroleum jelly. I don’t really use lipstick because I already got red lips and petroleum jelly keeps my lips from having cracks and all.

After which, I hurried to the bed, grabbed my now weird phone. Scowled for some pouch in the closet and put everything I needed inside there. Before leaving, I went to check myself on my full-body mirror, wearing the shoes that came with the dress. It was so perfect, a red tube top dress that was just 3 inches above my knee and a fushia pink glittery stilettos.

It was just 10 minutes before 6 o’clock. Hope I could get there in time. But wait. Where exactly am I going? Damn it!! where is my brain today??

I called Niall on my way down but abruptly stopped on my tracks at the bottom of the stairs and ended the call I was making. There was a big box blocking my way. A big pink box.  I opened the lid and was astounded on what was lying inside the box. It was a teddy bear. A very big teddy bear. It was so cute that I grabbed it right away and cuddled it.

Just then I noticed a card stapled in its ribbon necklace. I laid the teddy bear back to its box and grabbed the letter. It say that a driver is waiting for me outside by the time I read the letter and that I should trust the driver to where he was taking me because it’s a secret place. It also says that I shouldn’t feel dumb for not asking where our date is and that he is very sorry for keeping it from me.

Went out and it was true, a car is waiting for me outside. It was an old model of Volkswagen that I really like. But I don’t think its that old. I think was restored to life, physical feature exactly like the vintage model but with a new engine. Maybe they’re bringing those kind of car back. This must’ve cost a lot since vintage cars cost a lot more that the top new cars of today’s age-mbe excempt for the sports cars.

The driver opened the door for me and I willingly slip inside the car. The drive is not that long. In fact, it just took us maybe 5 minutes or less. As soon as I got out of the car, it drove fast away from where I am standing. The place was dark, I wanted to run to the direction as where the car went. Afraid. But I knew better. Running after a speeding car when you’re in stilettos is super dumb. So I stayed and figured what I should do next.

>>A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it took me forever to update. So I am no longer writing long Author Note /s coz i am starting to think it is carry and shit. Follow me on twitter tho, its @beastyles14. tweet me that you read my fanfic and i will follow back. Scroll to the next page right after you read this so you'l know what happens next

So.. hope you like it!!

H A R Z E L L 

xx