Chapter 17 Roselyn

Willows POV
Two weeks had passed after we had come back home. The doctor recommended that I stay a little longer so I could recoperate.
Oliver was the happiest I've ever seen. Every time he looks at her, he lights up with joy. I've never thought of him being this happy. As for me I'm in awe every time I see her. Feeling her new heartbeat and feeling her soft stubby hair. I'm still achy from delivering her, but it was worth it in return. Shes the happiest baby.
When we showed Roselyn her new room, and crib, she adored it. Thanks to dads great talent in carpentry. All of the gifts we received at the baby shower came in handy. Gales bib and pacifier, especially the pacifier.
I started sketching a picture of Roselyn in the memory book dad gave me. She loved the prim doll! Its the only thing she'll snuggle with. Roselyn's hair was a jet black. It would probably get lighter as she gets older.
Her eyes will flutter open every here and there. She still doesn't open them completely, but when she does its stunning. Her eyes are beautiful! The rim is a dark green, then it fades to a light green, and then to a crystal blue. They're so big and lively.
Its like looking into Oliver and dad's eyes, but mixed. She was six pounds and seven ounces, now shes gaining a little more. But still petite. I love her with all my heart! So does Oliver.
He'll come home and spend all the time in the world with her. He'll take care of her constantly. Even when he's exhausted from work, he'll still spend the rest of his energy taking care of her.
When he works night shifts he'll take the time when he should be sleeping, to care for her. I don't even need to change her diapers, he's got that, but then again I do most of the cleaning up work, so I guess we're even.
I never imagined Oliver like this, like this much of an amazing dad that he is.
After all the times when we used to date he'd tell me that he doesn't want any children, but he made one of the best parents I've known.
He loves every part of her. I just hope that we'll be a good influence on them. I can't wait to see her all grown up. I know its far away, but its something to think about.
Oliver and I aren't looking forward to having another baby. Maybe later on, but not now. I like it just as it is with one kid. Oliver agrees along with me.
But you never know what the future has in store for you..