The Schools

--Three weeks later--

"ICHIGOOOOO!" A crazy man could be heard around the neighborhood. The bearded man was about to kick the orange haired teen when he was thrown out the window instead.

"Shut up, Goat face! No one wants to wake up to your crazy voice this early in the morning!" Ichigo snapped towards his father before going through his daily routine.

--one hour later--

"Hello, Mrs. Shikigayo. I'm sorry that I have to drop Nel off so early, but I'm afraid that no one else could make time to bring her." Ichigo told Nel's kindergarten teacher. "I'll see you later, okay sweetheart? Have a good day, and remember to listen to Mrs. Shikigayo, alright?"

"Okay Mommy! I'll listen, and I'll see you later! Have a good time at school, too!" Nel yelled towards her mother figure. The teacher had worked on Nel saying me, my, and I instead of her saying Nel all the time. The looked slightly confused, this was the first time that the orangette had been called 'Mommy' in front of her. All this was thought while Ichigo was rushing out towards the high school.

"Nel, why do call Ichigo mommy?" The teacher asked the young child in front of her.

"Well, Ichigo saved me when he, and some of his friends, went to get one of his other friends, who was kidnapped. He told me to go home, but I didn't have a home to go to. So after Ichigo almost died to get his friend back, they went back to some friends house. The leader of the people who tried to kidnap Orihime, Ichigo's friend, attacked his workers, who he was blackmailing whatever that means. Most of the workers died, but Daddy, who was the mans son, and Uncle Gin killed the man because they were under attack. Uncle Gin made it out mostly okay, but Daddy was almost dead. Then Mommy found Daddy and I, and he took me in as his own, but Daddy's going to be home soon, he's just been on trial, and working on school work for the past three weeks. I can't wait until he's back again! Mommy's been a little sad lately." Nel finished her explanation, eyes shining with excitement.

"That's nice Nel." The teacher smiled, looking towards the other kids that were filing in. "Who wants to draw a picture of their families? Get started!"

When they were done, Mrs. Shikigayo had them introduce their family, having Nel go in the middle.

Nel held her picture proudly, it's was surprisingly good for a five year old. She pointed to the proper person. "This is my Aunt Rukia and her brother Byakuya, whose my Uncle. Then there's Toshiro and Rangiku, who are close friends of my Mommy, and so are Kenpachi and Yachiro. Then there's Ikkaku and Yumachika, who are also Mommy's friends. There's also Aunt Orihime, and Uncle Uryuu and Uncle Sado, or as we call him, Uncle Chad. And then there's Uncle Renji. I also have my Mommy's sisters, Yuzu and Karin, who are my Aunt's. And Grandpa Isshin, he's a little crazy. There's also Mommy, his name is Ichigo, and Daddy, his name is Grimmjow."

"But family is only blood relatives. And only girls can be Mommy's." A boy stated, making Nel frown.

"Now that's not true, sometimes two boys like each other, and two girls like each other. Nel, could you see if your mommy and daddy can come in some time?" The teacher asked the young girl, who nodded. "And family is who cares about you, blood doesn't matter."

--At Karakura high school--

"Mr. Kurosaki, why are you late?" Mr. Akashi asked the boy sternly.

"I was dropping my daughter, Nel, off at school. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again." Ichigo explained.

"Very well. Now sit!" Ichigo was sternly asked. He felt like crying, but obliged, walking to his seat.

"Why are you crying Kurosaki-kun?" Orihime asked the boy. He looked up at the girl, surprised that he was before letting out a defeated sigh. "I don't know."