Chapter Thirteen

Tinsley's Point of View:

Tinsley  sucked happily on her red slushy as she  walked back into the hospital. She had a great day and she was incredibly thankful for that. Bryten and Kegan were a tag teamed put together, but she didn't mind. She  loved them both... She  mean she  loved Kegan... Yeah, only Kegan.

She stopped her happy skip when she saw the police sitting in Bryten's office. She stopped and tried to subtly hide behind Bryten. It didn't work though because he pulled her out placed her in front of him.

"You never have to be scared of the police baby. Those are my friends and they are here to help you." he said as he took her hand.

"I don't want to go in there."  she said as she  played with her  hair.

"I know baby, but I promise you there isn't anything to be scared of.

"You go." she said as she eyed the policemen. Whom, despite the guns and badge, looked really kind.  

Bryten smiled at her gently and pulled her closer. "How about I go with you?" he offered.

She  almost told him she  knew he was trying to soothe her  and she  knew he would go with her anyway, but she  didn't.

She  held his hand and walked with him into the office.

"Hello officers." Kegan said as he extended his hand. Tinsley had kind of forgotten about Kegan. She felt a little guilty she had  turned to Bryten before him, but she really felt God used Bryten in many ways. Helping her feel safe was one of those ways.

They all shook hands as she  hid behind Bryten. He gently reached behind him and pulled her  out.

"We have great news for you Tinsley." an older woman said.

She  wanted to ask if that meant they were leaving, but she  didn't want to be rude.

"Roy Dexter confessed today. He gave a statement and will be tried next month. You will not be needed at all  and he actually asked that you be left out of it." the woman said.

Tinsley bit her lip. "Why?" She  found myself asking. "Why would he be nice to me?"

"apparently he has found God in jail." another office said. He was a younger gentleman.

"He wanted to make amends the best he could. He knows he is guilty and he accepts that. You can take that how you want too." the woman added.

She  didn't respond. She  was glad Roy had accepted God, but she  didn't want to comment on anything until she  had some time to process it.

Bryten showed them out after each one shook my hand. Kegan pulled me too him. "This is great Tinsley." Kegan commented.

She  nodded.

"It's a little much to take in right now huh?" Bryten said in a soothing tone.

She  nodded again.

Bryten  pulled her  to him and rubbed her back slowly.

"What this mean is the case is almost over. He has confessed and will be sentenced next month. He will be held in jail until then and probably be sent to a prison. You are completely safe now and the worst is over." he soothed. She  loved the way he spoke to her as if she  were a frail child; sometimes that's how she felt.

Again she  chose not to say anything and  just embraced his comfort God knew she needed. She  felt him press a gentle kiss to her forehead before he scooped her into his arms.