The Wolf.

Hannibal's hand pauses on the door handle. He looks at you in a way that worries you.

 Was he afraid? What was he about to show you? 

He sighs deeply, closes his eyes for a minute and opens the door. The room is dark and you both enter together. You start to have irrational thoughts, was he going to kill you in this dark room? Hannibal's hand finds yours in the dark and comfort fills your body like a warm cup of tea. 

"Are you ready?" He asks. 

"I'm ready." 

 His hand grips yours a little tighter and he leads you further into the darkness. Your hand feels the wall next to you and without warning the lights come on. You squint at the sudden brightness. 

 The room was too bright to take in right away but you notice some stone benches and a sink, there is a large refrigerator at the back of the room. You shiver from the coolness of the room on your skin.Hannibal doesn't react.Your eyes adjust enough to focus on him.His face was dead serious. 

 "I want to show you my opinion on the pigs of our world, Miss Peters." 

You frown. What did he mean? This was getting a little strange. Was he crazy? Surely a Doctor couldn't be crazy? 

 Hannibal leads you over to the large refrigerator and opens the door, letting go of your hand and gestures for you to look inside.You give Hannibal a look of confusion. Inside was many sealed packages of raw red meat, varying in sizes. Some packages even looked like they only contained blood!

 "I... I don't understand."you stammer. 

"What is this?" 

"Miss Peters, you must keep an open mind, for I am also... As you said... A wolf." You stare at Hannibal with a blank look.

 "The meat... In your fridge..." 

"By Pigs, I did not mean pork, Miss Peters." 

 There was a long silence. 

Your eyes widen and your mouth opens in astonishment. 

 "Y...you." Unable to speak you just stare at him like a gold fish. Hannibal took a slow careful step toward you and you step forward too, grabbing him in a hug, pressing your face against his chest. Forcing the thoughts of Hannibal acting so violently out of your mind and finding comfort in the heat of his body, this was insane.

 "My god," You exhale."you make people into steak."

Hannibal laughs softly and puts his hand on the back of your head. You look up at him. 

"Are... Are you crying?"  You ask him. Noticing the man's watery eyes. 

"You have surprised me, Miss Peters," Hannibal whispered lowering his head next to your ear."But are you not afraid?"

You look at him confused. 

"You kill the bad guys, why would I be afraid?"

"Because I may not be a pig but in most situations, wolves are more to be feared."

"Well no," you say strongly."I feel safer with you."

Hannibal smiles at you, letting you go. 

"May I suggest Dinner time for the wolves?" You smile, up at him.

"Yeah, what's the time?"

Hannibal looks at you and an evil grin spreads across his face. 

Oh no. Memories of a childhood game of "What's the time mister wolf." Enter your mind and you gasp turning for the door. 

Hannibal runs after you faster than you could imagine, like a lion chasing its prey. He sweeps you off your feet so quickly lifting you with such ease you feel your head spin. You squeal loudly in panic and he kisses your neck to calm you.

"It's Dinner time." He smirks.