Fire.

The drive back to Hannibal's was a surreal experience. Like returning home after winning a prize.

 "You still haven't eaten." Hannibal states simply. 

"I'm not really hungry for food." You look at him suggestively.

Doctor Lecter bit down on his bottom lip and its colour deepens. His eyes narrow still focused on the road, his lack of eye contact suggests he is hiding something. You continue your analysis as a desperate cling for control.There was no sign of attraction like before, it felt more like a lack of trust. Had you gone too far with using Will to get to your doctor?Hannibal's tone of voice surprised you. It was deep, dark and almost intimidating.

"What are you hungry for, Miss Peters?" You look him directly in the eyes, trying to match your darkness with his. You smirk letting your eyes glimmer for a moment.

"Surprise me." You say almost aggressively.

Hannibal swallows, and you can imagine the veins under his skin pumping with the rush from his heart.You suppress a smile. You know what he likes. 

"Miss Peters?"

"Yes?"

"How easy are you to scare?"

"Doctor Lecter, do you remember my case file?" You say quietly.

"Yes, I do."

"I've killed someone...before." Your gut ties itself in knots. You had never said your crime out loud before. 

"Why did you do it?" Hannibal looked at you with an unreadable expression.

"He was scum," Your voice trembled."It wasn't murder... Because he was beneath humanity. We weren't equal. He could never be equal with anyone after what he had done."

"Do you believe that, you did the right thing?"

"I avenged someone I loved dearly, and I did the world a favour." You said simply.

 "Do you believe that it's a feasible action to slaughter the pigs of our world?"

"Doctor Lecter there are three kinds of people in this world, the lambs, the pigs and the wolves. You don't see wolves often because it's easiest to live as a lamb but when the lambs need protecting people like me are there," You are shocked at our easy these words are coming to you."So...Doctor Lecter, are you a lamb?"

The moment that question had left your lips Hannibal swerved to the side of the road, pulling the car over.He gave you a look that no one had ever given you before. 

"You really understand, don't you?"

"What?"

You were only given enough time to merely gasp as Hannibal leaned forward his hands holding your face and behind your head, his fingers through your hair. Your lips collided with his and your eyes closed uncontrollably to hide the explosions of emotion seeping from your brain. His lips were like bubble gum, smooth and soft with an intense flavour that couldn't be ignored. His tongue touched the cut left from  you biting your lip earlier, tasting the faint metalic indent. Your arms were frozen either side of you, unsure of what to do with themselves. You keep kissing him deeper and deeper falling into a trance until he suddenly pulled away.

It was like a cold slap to the face. You exhale, your face flushed a deep red. Doctor Lecter's looks could only be described as ruffled. His hair was messed at the front and his sweater was crooked. His face had turned a subtle pink.

"W..what's wrong?" You ask confused.

"I have done many things in my life, Miss Peters. But inside a car is not at all where I want them to be done."

Your heart thumped in your chest. You had finally found someone. Someone who understood your pain and could make it all go away. He is your shelter and you are his fire.