Confession

AUTHORS NOTE: this takes place BEFORE into the bunker. That never happened.

Dipper's POV: Today was the day I was going to tell Wendy how much I like her. And of course, when I told Mabel, she was all for the idea.
"I believe in you, Bro bro!" She exclaimed. "You've wanted to tell her all summer and never got the chance. Nows the time." Her words buzzed through my head later on that day.
You've wanted to tell her all summer and never got the chance. Nows the time.
I knew what I was going to do. We planned to go to look out point to watch the fireworks weeks ago. Today was the Fourth of July. Perfect for a confession. This is going to work out perfectly.
----------------------------------------------------
Later that day, Wendy and I made our way to look out point, laughing and talking the whole way. When we got there, they announced it was going to be another 10 to 15 minutes before the fireworks started. But they put on music for the wait. Everything was fine, until the slow song came on. I looked around. Couples. Hugging, kissing, cuddling, and then there's us. What was I supposed to do now? Tell her? Kiss her? What? All of a sudden, the words popped out as soon as one firework appeared in the sky.
"Wendy, we've been friends for the whole summer and whenever I think about it, I always want to tell you that....I love you. I've loved you since we first met and I know if I tell you, it might break our friendship or make a new relationship for us. But yes...I love you." I looked down, waiting for a gasp or her to stand up and leave me broken hearted. But she didn't. She just sat there, first speechless but soon with a bright smile on her face. She soon started to laugh. I blushed, feeling so embarrassed to have committed my feeling and have her laughing at me. I was about to get up when I heard her start talking.
"Dipper....I've always kinda known you had a crush on me and the truth is...I like you too." I looked up, shocked. The fireworks blasting in front of us. But neither of us cared.
"R-really....? You do? S-so are we....?"
"Would you like to?" I smiled at her question, leaned in, still a little scared, and kissed her gently on the lips. She didn't fight back or push me away. She just kissed back. The fireworks were almost over. The grand finally started and all the bright lights covered us while we kissed. Soon, people started crowding around, whispering "Isn't he too young for her?" And "But their like 3 years apart!" And some we didn't know whispered "Is that his mom or something?" and some just watched. After what seemed like an eternity, we pulled away and just smiled. After the fireworks, we went back to the shack.
"Wanna watch a movie? It's only 9:30." I ask. She smiled. I could tell she was happy about this.
"Sure. What movie?"
"How about Help! My mummy's a wearwolf 2?" I asked and she giggles.
"Sure. I heard that movie stunk so much, everyone left the theater half way through the movie!" We both laughed and she grabbed my hand and we walked into the shack.

Why do all my fanfics suck? 😂. Sorry! I just don't feel like I'm good writer. But comment what you thought of this one. Just remember! I was up until 6:30am today. It is now 11:00am but I am beat!

-pinetrees.faller.