Chapter 9

Rearranging ch 9

The officers took the two to the station and led William to an cold interrogation room and Alyson to a much warmer room for victims.

As the two were separated, Alyson could feel adrenaline and nervousness set in. They offered her tea and the female officer asat down with her.

"I'm Officer Murphy. Now, it's alright, you can tell us what happened with your boyfriend."

Alyson cocked her head to the side. "Excuse me?"

"Don't be afraid, you can be honest about what your boyfriend did to you in here."

Alyson had to bite her cheek to keep from laughing, William her boyfriend? Instead she managed a shocked face and answered, "Woah, he hasn't done anything to me. I'm fine."

The policewoman gave her a sympathetic look. "We have the video from the parking lot. It's okay, you can press charges and he will be found guilty."

"Charges for what?" Alyson asked.

"Well, in dating relationships like this, we can charge him for a series of things, such as abuse, assault and harassment. At the very least you could get a restraining order against him." The copper informed.

Alyson swallowed "Sorry, he hasn't done anything. I don't want to charge him with anything."

Murphy raised an eyebrow and slowly stood up. "Follow me."

The pair walked to another hallway  in the precinct, this one filled with windows to other rooms. Alyson could guess that they were probably two-way glass used in interrogation rooms. Murphy led her to the glass pane.

Inside the room, the other officer was interrogating William heavily. 

"You know what you did. The least you can do is claim responsibility." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." William answered with a shaky voice. He looked nervous, unlike he had appeared earlier. 

"So what was what we saw at WalMart? Some tickle fight?" The policeman asked sarcastically.

"I would never hurt her, ever." William answered.

Murphy tapped Alyson's arm, drawing the girl's attention back to her.

"This your chance to come forward and put him to Justice and make sure he never, never hurts you again." 

Alyson shook her head. "No, I'm fine. I don't want to sue him with anything."

The officer put a hand on Alyson's back. "Are you sure?" She asked firmly.

Alyson nodded. "I'm sure."

Officer Murphy sighed in defeat. "Fine then. Just tell us your parents name and number and we can call them to pick you up."

Alyson froze. "Ummm, my parents?" the girl stuttered. 

"Yes, why? Is there a problem." The officer asked. "Were you running away?" 

Alyson paused then nodded slowly. 

The policewoman leaned against the wall. "Why?"

Alyson sighed and chose the most stereotypical reason out of her head. "My parents don't approve of William. They think that he will bring me down just because he's Indian."

Murphy's mouth made a small 'o' in realization.  "I understand but I still need to call your legal guardians." 

Alyson sighed and cited the number of an aunt she barely knew. She thanked her lucky stars that she had bothered to remember the number especially since this relative rarely picked up her phone.