The Blame Game

Lily's POV

I stare looking at the two outfits I have laid out on Sarah and I's bed. Do I go with the more casual, laid back outfit or do I go with the outfit that screams 'Yes I'm soon to be married, but does it look like I give a fuck right now?'. I keep staring at the clothes before calling Sarah upstairs.
"Lily?" She questions before walking in.
"Mmhmm."
"Why did you call me up here?" She asks holding tightly onto her coffee mug.
"I need help... which outfit do you like?"
She rolls her eyes at me before laying her beautiful dark eyes on the pieces of clothing.
"Lil... I think you'd look amazing in either. It's up to you, sweetheart."
"Really?" I ask in a sarcastic tone.
"Well of course." She reassures and kisses my cheek before walking out of the room.
She just left the room, without giving me her opinion. Seriously? I'm going to call Mamie or text her a picture.

I make my way downstairs to grab my phone when Calvin greets me at the bottom of the staircase.
"Hi Cal."
"Lil?" I hear Sarah say.
"Yes? Where are you?"
"Kitchen."
"Hey, what's up?" I ask before leaning my elbows on the kitchen island.
"Did you decide yet?" She asks.
"No, I came down here to grab my phone so I could ask Mamie."
"Oh, who is coming to get you tonight? Mamie? Or Zach?"
"I don't know."
"I'm going to be so lonely. My fiancée and best friend are going to be gone." She pouts.
"It's okay, you'll be here with Cal."
"Well, you'll have a good night with him. You both like the same things naps, snuggles, and he'll agree with The Real Housewives as long as he gets belly rubs."
"That's true." Sarah responds smiling.

I smile back at her and run upstairs with my phone in hand. I snap a few pictures and send them to Mamie before heading over to the vanity to do some light makeup and to curl my hair. After a few minutes, Mamie replies back with the casual outfit. 'Really? Ok, fine' I say to myself and get dressed. As I'm looking at my outfit in the mirror, I realize I need some earrings as my ears are looking a little bare. I explore my jewelery box before I realize nothing freakin' matches with what I'm wearing. I grab my phone and call Sarah, as I'm too lazy to go downstairs or yell for her. After a ring or two she answers.
"Rabe, what would you like?"
"Can I borrow some earrings?"
"Sure? Don't you have plenty of your own?" She questions me almost annoyed.
"I do... but nothing really matches. Pleaseeeee." I beg dragging out my words.
I hear silence.
"Sarah?"
"Yeah, sorry Calvin was begging for some attention."
"Aw, thanks for ignoring me for the dog. Feeling the love, honey." I say in a very sarcastic tone.
"You can borrow some earrings, Love."

I finish getting all dolled up and prance down the stairs into the living room. Sarah doesn't focus her attention away from her computer until I clear my throat.
"Well, how do I look?" I question her.
"Pretty, as always." She says and goes back to whatever she was doing on the computer.
"Babeeee?" I whine before going over to her and pushing her laptop to the side.
"What? Hi." She says softly.
"What's so important on there?"
"Oh you know, it's nothing. But hey, shouldn't Mamie be here in a few to get you?" She quickly changes the subject.
"Um yes, she said she'll be here soon." I say and move out of her way as she gets up and goes into the kitchen for a cup of tea.
"Are you going to miss me?" I tease her.
"Nope, not at all. Remember, I'm going to have Cal." She jokes.
"Mmmhm."
"He's good company." Sarah says and with that, the doorbell rings.
"Shall I get that or you?" Sarah asks.
"I will."

I greet Mamie at the door and motion for her to step inside. With Sarah still being in her pjs and slippers, she asks, "No plans, Sar?"
"Oh, well.. I um..", she stutters, "Yeah no." We all laugh.
"She has plans with Calvin tonight." I inform Mamie.
"Ohh, gotcha!"
"Hey, so is Zach meeting us there?" I change the subject.
"Yes, he had a thing this afternoon. I don't really know, he just told me to pick you up and he'll be waiting for us."
"Cool. Alright, Paulson, come here. Give me a hug and a kiss." I demand.