••• TWENTY-FOUR •••

••• TWENTY-FOUR •••
Sophie

    I sat on my bed in my room as Katie stared at me in disbelief. I had just finished telling her what Ashton had said and wanted to cry again. "God, could that man be any more perfect?" She asked and I nodded in agreement. "Have you told your Mom and brother yet?" I sighed as I shook my head and stood up.

  "I don't want to hurt Patrick more than I already have and my Mom would have a heart attack. She was really hurt when I told her that Ashton and I were secretly dating and that's the reason he and Patrick aren't friends anymore. I just don't want to cause anyone any more pain."

  "I get that, but you can't hide your pregnancy forever. I mean, you can probably keep it hidden for another month or two, but you're going to show." She said, looking down at my stomach and then back up at me.

  "Well, I need a little more time before I tell them. I barely just told Ashton a week ago!" I frowned and Katie sighed as she grabbed my hands.

  "I know you're scared, Soph, but keeping this a secret will cause more damage than what's already been done." She said softly and I slowly nodded my head as I realized she was right.

  "You're right, Katie. I know Patrick and Christina are coming over tonight to have dinner with Mom, maybe I should invite Ashton over and we'll just tell them over dinner." I suggested and Katie raised her eyebrows in surprise.

  "I mean I was thinking maybe this weekend, but sure, tonight works too." She chuckled and I shrugged as I gave her a small smile.

  "I don't want any more secrets. I don't think the stress is good for me or the baby." I admitted and she chuckled again as she stood up.

  "It most definitely isn't, let's call Lover Boy over and pray to God your brother doesn't try to murder him." She teased and I let out a nervous giggle as I unlocked my phone and reluctantly invited Ashton over, wishing I hadn't suggested this plan.

  "Girls, dinner's almost ready!" My Mom called from downstairs a few moments later and thankfully Ashton responded saying he was only fifteen minutes away.

  "You okay, Sophie?" Katie asked as she opened my bedroom door and I took a shaky breath as I nodded my head.

  "Let's go." I headed out of my room and down the stairs towards the dining room to see Patrick and Christina setting the table.

  "Hey, you guys!" Christina greeted us with a warm smile and Patrick looked up at me. He's barely spoken to me since he found out about Ashton and me but has been starting to talk to me more over the past week.

  "Hey, Sophie-Lophie," He greeted me with a small smile and I wanted to cry at that moment. It had been so long since he called me that that I couldn't stop myself from walking up to him and pulling him into a tight hug. "Whoa, are you okay?" He asked nervously as he slowly wrapped his arms around me and I nodded.

  "I'm sorry about everything, Patrick." I whispered and he sighed as he gave me a quick squeeze before releasing me.

  "You do not have to be sorry, Soph. I was acting like a spoiled, overprotective big brother when I had absolutely no right to tell you that you couldn't date Ashton. So, I'm sorry for everything." I felt a tear fall from my eye and he frowned at me. "Don't cry, sis. It's okay." He assured me and I shook my head.

  "But, it's not. I ruined your friendship-"

  "Again, you didn't do anything, Soph." He said cutting me off. "I mean I was really hurt and completely taken by surprise to find out that my best friend was in love with my little sister and that you two didn't tell me, but I'm the one who ruined my friendship with Ashton. I just hope one day he could forgive me." He sighed and I felt the guilt start to build up inside me that I hadn't told him I was pregnant, but I couldn't tell them without Ashton.