Chapter 60: Motivation and Puppet Problems

No POV hours later

Shino places a marble on both of the puppets before it absorbs the code and sinks away. But instead of restoring her dad as she expected, both puppets start blinking and moving on their own. They've come alive. Error sits up, groaning and holding his head, the handles that the strings connect him to rattle and slide around at his slightest movement. 

"UgGhH...My heAd..."He groans

"Why...Why didn't it work?"Shino asks, catching both glitches' attention

"YoUr dAuGhtEr?"The alternate Error asks

He nods.

"HeY sw3et1e...."

She runs to him, hugging him but frowns.

"Why didn't it work? Spoiler's code should be removed from you!"She says

"YeAh...LoOkS liKe wE'rE gOiNg tO bE pUpPeTs fOr a BiT. He tRaNsFeRrEd oUr sOuLs inTo ThEsE wItH a DuMb iNvEnTiOn. OnLy cOdE uSeD wAs t0 bAsiCaLlY sHuT uS dOwN uNtiL hE cHoSe t0 lEt uS moVe....oR cOntRoL uS..."He says, gently brushing her back to soothe her.

She slowly nods, understanding.

"Hmmm...Maybe Uncle Blip can code a solution! I like crafting using strings as much as anyone else but I don't like you tied in it, Papa!"She suggests

He smiles at her and shakes his head after seeing the time.

"No, i d0n't tHinK s0. It's beEn a l0nG dAy it s3eMs s0 eVery0n3 n3eDs t0 r3sT. GeT oUt oF yOur fl0wer g1rL dr3sS, hAv3 tHe b0yS chaNgE oUt oF tHeiR suiTs aNd gEt r3aDy f0r bEd. We cAn fiGur3 0uT gUeSt r0oMs t0o...D0n't wAnT y0u t0 b3 sle3p-depr1veD liKe y0ur dAd."He says

She nods, going down the halls with a grin to give the update and new orders.

"Glitchy!~"A booming voice cheers from outside

Error glances out the window, seeing just Reaper's eye looking back in at him. He looks at his other self and they exchange looks as if silently asking whose Reaper this is.

"Wh0 br0uGhT tHe giAnT idi0t oUtsiDe?"

"HEY!"Reaper snaps

"I tHiNk tHiS iS y0uRs. My rEapEr tHiNks iDioT iS a p3t nAmE oR eNdeAriNg. HaViNg sAiD tHat, i h0pe tHe pLaCe iSn't buRniNg d0wN wItH hIm aNd tHe gAng leFt unsuPerv1seD bAcK iN mY h0m3."

"Glitchy!~"

"ReAp3r, whY ar3 y0u b1gGer tHaN tHe h0us3?"Error asks

"Uuuh, I had to use my power to grow and prevent Spoiler's place from collapsing but I'm stuck like this now." He says

"Oh...I s3e..."He says as the other Error leaves the room to find his family that's stuck here with him.

Cheers of the three kids reuniting with their family could be heard and get louder when their grandpa joins them. Error could hear a "Little Rascal" crying with joy and overwhelmed as he cheers the names of all who he thought he lost. Error couldn't imagine the sense of loss, relief, and joy that have washed over that poor boy but he's glad that things are getting better for him.

Then he thinks about what Reaper said and the current situation. He frowns, then gets an idea and glances away, crossing his arms.

"Is everything okay, Glitchy?"

Error nods.

"You sure? It seems like something is wrong." He says

"I'm fInE."He says, shutting the blinds so Reaper couldn't see in.

He gets changed into pajamas, hanging his tuxedo before opening the blinds again.

"I juSt rEaLizEd tHaT tHiS mEaNs I wOn'T gEt tO cuDdlE yOu iN bEd tH3 n1gHt aFtEr oUr wEdDiNg."He says

He sees a spark in Reaper's eyes as the words sink in. He knew this was true and was upset a bit that it was...but he also knew what it does to Reaper so he had to hide his smile as he walked to their bed with his back to the window. A night without snuggling Error? Or a missed chance to get cuddles? With his newlywed husband of all things? Oh, that simply won't do. No part of Reaper's soul will allow that. He grins as he lays in bed and adjusts himself comfortably under the blankets, hiding it when he faces Reaper and hears things go quiet after everyone obeys Shino's directions from him to settle down for the night.

"I wiLl gEt tHiNgS sOrTeD oUt iN tHe mOrNiNg. I LoVe yOu rEapEr."

He sets his head on the pillow, turning out the light beside him. Then he grins, feeling two arms wrap around him.

Knew it...

"Glitchy...You had the wrong realization."

He leans in, kissing Error on the head as the glitch turns to face him. Then he trails kisses all over Error's face.

"GueSs iT oNlY tAkEs tHe r1gHt m0t1vaTiOn f0r y0u t0 sHriNk d0wN aGaiN."

"Cuddles are a powerful motivator.~ Goodnight, my precious husbando.~"He coos

Error smiles, falling asleep and cuddling Reaper. Reaper smiles, kissing his head again before falling asleep.

But when Error woke up that next morning.....he found a problem.

He couldn't move.

He could look around but couldn't open his mouth to speak or even move his finger. He's stuck.

Reaper wakes up, surprised to find Error's arms still around him. Then he notices how rigid his arms are. He looks at Error, quickly realizing his husband's current condition. He glances around, sitting up with his grin hidden from Error's sight. He just got an idea but he should check in on their guests first. So, he leaves the room promptly but snaps his fingers, locking the bedroom door behind him.

It's not like Error could go anywhere anyway but he's not taking any risks.

He finds a portal already open in the living room and the majority of their guests going through. He sees the other Error getting walked through by Shade and Havoc as Acoustico walks through with his family.

"I fiGurEd nOt tO wAstE tiMe hEr3 n0w tHaT sPoiLeR iS gOnE. I wiLl fiNd a cUrE fOr mYsElF aNd wE hAvE a hOmE tO f1x. GoOd luCk hErE."

The portal shuts seconds later. So the only guests now are Blip, Lovespoon, Horror, Farmer, his brother, Cipher, Dust, 404, Gold, and Palette. He can deal with that. They all seem to be asleep still so he grins, taking his chance eagerly. Partly due to the fact that he knows at least one of the guests, either one of his brothers(in-law included), 404, or Horror will make comments when they awake and catch him. Dust would just silently judge him with that hooded stare. Why during such a hectic time do this or hide away as he intends?

Well he's married now and desires to have some affectionate alone time with his new husband. Sue him for poor timing, he doesn't care.

So it wasn't that shocking that he crept back to the bedroom and quietly shut the door behind him. Error couldn't move his head to see him, only able to see the ceiling.

He had no clue what was running through the mind of his husband who is ready to pounce on him.

TBC