Chapter 17: Home for Dragons

No POV

They return home and the kids go inside. Palette curls up beside the house as Error lays down as well. Error prepares to sleep with the assumption that Reaper went inside to plan something and supervise the kids. But this is Reaper that we're talking about.

"Hey, handsome.~ Do you know how magnificent you look? And now you're home again, where you're safe and we can take good care of you. I'd love to help care for those charming scales of yours and hear that powerful rumble in your chest."Reaper's cooing voice is heard as a hand trails along his scales to his chin

He opens his eyes, glancing to see Reaper smiling at him. He lifts his head as the praises and compliments continue to spill from Reaper's mouth. Palette snores peacefully a few feet away. Reaper gently flicks the heart tag on his collar, listening to it ring softly with the jewels laced into it.

"Can't believe that this is the first piece of jewelry that you'll be getting from me."He tells Error

Error's face burns up as he considers the implications. He lifts his head, glancing at Reaper curiously. What does he want now? What is he trying now? Does he need something?

 What does he want now? What is he trying now? Does he need something?

Reaper snuggles up against him, relieved that he's safe.

"I love you. We'll figure something out. May I treat you to some love?"He asks

Error's face burns more, pressing his head against Reaper's and a purr rumbles in his chest. Reaper's face burns up, knowing that he's the cause of Error's purring. He loves that knowledge. Nobody else but him gets to hear his glitchy purr. Well, besides the kids but still. He feels special and proud of this. He treats Error lovingly, sprinkling kisses on him and gently feeling along his scales. He finds that Error relaxes the most when rubbed between his horns gently, completely dropping his head and doubling the volume of his purrs. He even relaxes enough to start dozing off. Reaper of course took full advantage of this, only to get caught by Shattered. Shattered reaches for Reaper but Error pulls him closer with a growl and low hiss. A tentacle snatches Reaper's wing, forcing it to stretch out before getting injected forcefully.

Error starts growling, pulling him away from Shattered and starts to chase Shattered away. Shattered yelps as a claw narrowly misses him, not completely realizing how big and dangerous he made Error. Error managed to slice some tentacles off and scar his face before he fled through a portal. Error quickly flies back, finding a small dragon in Reaper's cloak and feathers surrounding him as his wings lost all soft features.

Reaper is still smaller than him and smiles up at him after realizing that he returned. He hops up despite his pain from the transformation, eager to get close to Error. Error notices this pain and holds Reaper still before he hurts himself. He tucks Reaper under him, dropping his wings to hide him. He sighs with relief as Reaper nuzzles against him, hidden just as Gaster walks past. He didn't see Reaper luckily so Error got to keep him.

Once Gaster is gone, he glances down at Reaper as he peeks out. Reaper peeks out to look up at him. Then he nuzzles his head against Error. Error keeps him tucked under a wing and knocks at the door. The kids peek out, realizing that Reaper was transformed as well. They sigh and shake their heads as Error has to hold Reaper in place to be healed from the injection forced into him. Reaper only seems focused on being affectionate to anyone he can reach.

"So Dad is still himself unless those are his instincts."Shino says

"So now he's a dragon simp? Great."Raven says as Reaper snuggles into Error's grip.

Soon enough they made a collar for Reaper to wear and he smiles at them, nuzzling their cheeks to show his thanks and affection. Goth got snatched by Palette for cuddles, leaving him stuck outside with three dragons while his siblings remain safe inside. And what are they doing you ask?

Well....

Raven is recording their interactions through a window, chuckling at how affectionate Palette is to Goth and getting him to become a burning lavender mess against his green scales. He chuckles even more seeing that he was right about his dad, recording as Reaper proceeds to be overly affectionate to Error(like a simp would), kissing and nuzzling him as they cuddle together while cooing things that Raven couldn't understand. All this resulting in a loud rumble from Error as he purrs.

Shino on the other hand doesn't waste time and is ACTUALLY working on a solution, unlike a certain brother she knows with a phone. She has multiple code screens open and is on the phone with her uncles, trying to find a solution and notifying Nightmare properly about the situation. Then she codes a shelter to keep the dragons in for now, connecting it to the house with an extending hallway. The three dragons easily get in and Palette curls up with Goth stuck snuggling him against pillows and blankets Shino set up. Error finally got to take a nap while Reaper snuggled closer to him. He starts to hum and purr a soft tune to help Error sleep.

Nightmare works with Shino to make a solution and after a few weeks of basement experimentation, they found it. Nightmare gave it to Palette first and watched it succeed in turning him to normal again. Palette thanked his uncle before resuming snuggles with his sleeping boyfriend. Shino gave it to her parents eagerly. Reaper was quick to turn back to normal and smiles as feathers return to his wings. Error took the longest to recover since the transformation back to a skeleton caused him to crash. He took a long reboot but each of them ended up okay. The collars were tucked away and everyone breathed a sigh of relief that it worked before they became completely wild beasts without any conscious memories of anything, which may have been possible.

And it turns out that they were cured just in time for some BIG NEWS.

TBC