Stay

Mingyu thinks he's screwed.

His whole day had been confusing as fuck, with that sudden conversation with Chaeyeon in the morning, Wonwoo acting like a girl on her period for the whole time he'd been around Mingyu, and now, when it's almost time for Mingyu to leave from the library.

"Why was that bitch talking to me?" Wonwoo seethes, suddenly peering up from his book, and glaring at Mingyu.

"What?"

"Lee fucking Chaeyeon. Why was she talking to me?"

Huh? Why would Chaeyeon ever talk to Wonwoo? "She talked to you?"

"Yes, she fucking did."

"Doesn't sound like it was anything nice, let alone normal?"

"No shit, Sherlock."

"What did she say?"

"What else do rich people say to degrade others like me?"

Mingyu refuses to believe that. No matter how much Chaeyeon dislikes Wonwoo, she wouldn't go to lengths like these to berate anyone. "She wouldn't say stuff like that..."

Wonwoo scoffs rolling his eyes. "Of course, why would you ever believe me?"

Mingyu doesn't know how to respond, and whom to side with. What Wonwoo claimed doesn't make sense, yet the way Chaeyeon talked about him this morning sounded very much like she'd gladly rip Wonwoo's throat out. He's interrupted by Wonwoo's fury-filled voice just then.

"If she doesn't have anything normal to say, tell her to fucking shut her mouth. I won't hesitate to send her to the ER." Wonwoo threatens, and it doesn't sound empty in the least. He looks like he's about to bang a loud fist on the table, making Mingyu grab his fisted hand and pull him down into the chair.

Mingyu's eyes widen, as he struggles to hold Wonwoo in place -- who settles a few seconds later. "You could just stay away?"

"WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN DOING THEN?! SHE COMES TO ME OUT OF NOWEHERE IN THE MORNING AND HUMILIATES ME IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE!"

"MR. JEON! Might I remind you that you're seated in the library? If you cannot follow basic protocol, I'd suggest you leave!"

A third voice, belonging to the cranky old librarian lady, booms in the empty library.

Wonwoo growls, hurriedly shoving his things down in his backpack, muttering a final statement before storming out, glaring holes in the librarian's head. "Thanks for being so helpful." He drawls at Mingyu.

Amidst this sudden outburst, Mingyu forgets having to go back. Only when he catches the librarian send a disappointed look his way, does Mingyu check the time. He's quite late than usual, Mingyu realises with alarm, and he's sure he has to confront his mother first thing after he returns to the mansion.

To add to his displeasure, he finds Wonwoo had left one of his books next to him. Mingyu thinks about taking it with him, so he could return it the next day. But then he winces, remembering the painful time when he'd accidentally slipped Wonwoo's diary amongst his stuff. Leaving the book here, in the library, isn't an option; the lady at the desk would go batshit crazy.

Daring to take the risk, Mingyu decides it's best if he goes to Wonwoo's dorm and returns his book right away. Even if Wonwoo doesn't happen to be in his room, which Mingyu thinks is highly unlikely, he could just leave the book outside, or in the mailbox or something. Anything to prevent himself from being attacked again.

"Oh fuck my life," Mingyu mumbles, storming out of the library. His chauffeur is the last of his worries, Mingyu doesn't think it's necessary to inform him of his absence. Walking on foot all the way to the dorms, Mingyu enters the building, asking the receptionist for Wonwoo's room number. Thankfully, he gets it without much hassle, as he turns to the elevators, punching the button to call for it.