Chapter 8

A/N this chapter is taken place in the movie, not the book. The only reason is because I feel this book is getting boring, and this will make up for it. So I hope you like this!

Athena

Christmas at the burrow. There isn't much more to it. It's amazing all the way around, and we cherished it. We wouldn't have changed it for the world, because the quality time was all around comforting. I thought about the fact we might not get another full Christmas together. How lives may be lost, or the reign of Voldemort may not allow gatherings. The ministry was becoming increasingly strict over the fact of the curfew and unnecessary trips out of the house.

"Athena," Harry waved his hand in front of my face. "You with us?"

"Yeah, sorry. What?" I snapped out of my trance, looking towards the boy. He grinned, knowing how spaced out I was.

"Did you hear a word I just said?" He asked.

"I can't say I did." I admitted, sheepishly.

"Thanks, love you too." He rolled his eyes. I laughed at his comment, shoving him playfully. He fell back on the couch in a chuckle.

"Oh shut up, you know I love you." I waved him off. There was a rustle outside of the living room, and we looked to see Moony walking in.

"Harry!" Remus exclaimed, walking towards us.

"Hey?" I said and raised an eyebrow. He didn't greet me. "Remember me? Your goddaughter?" I asked.

"Oh, hey Athena." He acted as if he just noticed me.

"You tosser."

"Hey! That's not a very nice thing to say to your godfather." A voice scolded. "Especially on Christmas." A hint of a smile played in their words. In walked Tonks, causing my grin to widen.

"Tonks!" I jumped up, hugging her. "It's been  forever!" I chimed, happily. She let out a chuckle as we parted. We all returned to our seats, me beside Fred. Her and Remus sat next to each other on another couch.

"So how's the happy couple?" She asked and looked at Fred and I. "Can't believe I just found out you were getting married."

"It's going great, but it's stressful at times." I sighed. Fred took my hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Yeah, she won't shut up about the different designs for wedding invitations." Fred joked. "Who knew there were a hundred different ways to ask someone to come to a party."

"Oh, she's the bride. Getting married is something special, let her stress over the small details." Tonks told him, reaching over to hit him on the arm.

"I know, but does it really matter what a piece of parchment looks like?" He asked.

"It does, now go away." I shooed him out of the room. He rolled his eyes but abided, walking into the kitchen. The two newcomers turned to look at me.

"You going insane, yet?" Remus asked.

"A little," I laughed. "But it's so worth it." I admitted, bashfully. It was true. Everything was hard on the head, the planning, the executing, but in the end I got to marry my best friend.

"I like how I've been here a whole five minutes, yet you haven't spoken a word to me. I'm really understanding who the favourites are." Eli said from behind me. I turned around and shook my head, a smile toying at my face.

"I just don't love you anymore." I joked.

"Wow, I see how it is." She placed a hand over her heart.