Chapter 1

Athena

We fell asleep in each other's arms on the floor. We didn't have any furniture yet, so we laid blankets on the tile and could have been any happier. The next day, I knew I had to do something other than sit in the house all day, so I left Fred there to move things into the flat. George, Bill, and Arthur had given us the kindness to help. I knew I'd just be in their way, so I went to the park. I needed the fresh air to get in the right headspace.

I sighed and sauntered down the path slowly, looking around at my surroundings. I always loved the outdoors. It was nice to be outside and get some sunlight after being barricaded in the house for so long. I had taken a few months before I decided to go for my Auror training. I looked up at the sky to notice very few clouds and a brilliant bright shade of blue. I smiled and continued to walk. When I reached the opening that lead to a swing set and a few benches, I saw three people sitting on the ground, laughing. One girl and two boys. It struck me odd that the girl looked scarily like myself and I couldn't help but stare. When I walked by, I made my best attempt to avert my eyes, but she caught me looking at her.

"Hey!" She called. I silently cursed myself. I swallowed hard and walked over to the three.

"Yes?"

"You look familiar. Do I know you?" She said, narrowing her eyes which seemed to be the only thing different. They were a deep green. Very pretty, and very different from my own. She was a little taller, I noticed when she stood up. I shook my head.

"I don't think so, but you do look quite familiar as well. Actually, you look like me." I laughed.

"What's your name?" She asked in a very clear American accent. I silently laughed at her forwardness. It was something I admired in people, because it mirrored my own personality.

"Athena. Athena Black." I said and she looked surprised. "And yours?"

"Artemis Black." She said proudly and I furrowed my eyebrows. Even her name was similar to my own. Clearly, we were related, but I wasn't sure how. She was young enough to be my sister.

"Who's your parents?" I questioned. "If you don't mind me asking." I added hastily. She laughed at me before speaking again.

"I never knew who my mom was, but my biological dad's name is Regulus Black. Perhaps you've heard of him?" She asked and I gasped.

"I never knew Uncle Regulus had a daughter." I smirked.

"You're Sirius's daughter?" She asked, amused. At the mention of my fathers name, my heart dropped. I composed myself quickly and nodded.

"That's right, the one and only."

"So how is Uncle Sirius?" She asked with a grin.

"Dead." I said bluntly, adding a laugh at the end. "Last spring." She gave a solemn nod. "Never the matter, how come I'm only meeting you now?"

She looked at me with curiosity as we spoke. "Dad left me in America where I would be safe when The Dark Lord was strong. I got adopted into a family with six overprotective, and slightly insane brothers. Four older, and two younger. I came back to find some of my family. Well, whatever was left. That was about a year ago, and now I'm here. Oh, these are my two best friends, Alan and Joe, don't mind them." I nodded at the two and they returned the favour.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen," she said and I nodded. A year older than I was. Funny, considering Regulus was a year younger than my father. Maybe that was why he disappeared. "You?"

"Right," I muttered. "Eighteen."

"So, when are you free? I'd love to learn about some of my family sometime." She grinned.