Chapter 2

Athena

"Little Athena is all grown up," Harry grinned, causing me to sigh. "I can't believe you're not coming back to school this year."

"If 'grown up' is what you'd even call it. I still feel like that eleven year old girl going into Hogwarts for the first time." I laughed.

"Well, you still act like an eleven year old so it's right you may feel that way." Fred smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You two are so adorable! It almost makes me want to throw up!" George spoke up, jumping in from the other room. I jumped in surprise, but was consumed with excitement.

"Georgie!" I exclaimed, tackling him in a hug.

"Woah, calm down. I know it's been a whole week, but you don't need to murder me." he said, the. looked regretful of his choice of words. "Athena I didn't-"

"I know, it's okay." I cut him off, but Fred seemed to be staring at him with a certain anger. I wished they didn't feel like they were walking on glass when they were around me. I was hurting, but I was healing with time. Being cautious only made me feel worse.

"So, are you two planning anything yet?" Arthur asked, joining the group that had formed. I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer.

"Not really, just the small things. Nothing huge yet." I explained, feeling Fred slip his hand into mine. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, knowing the wedding topic was still touchy. I was excited, but upset over the fact my father wouldn't be there.

"A date?" He questioned, taking a seat on the couch.

"Well, we were hoping sometime next year, so we have the rest of this one to plan everything." I offered, looking to the ground.

"Oh that's amazing! We just can't wait! Our little boy is growing up!" Molly exclaimed, pulling Fred into an embrace. I laughed. "Oh, you, too! You're just as much family as anyone else in this room." She took me into her arms, which I accepted gratefully. Her kindness was helping me a lot through the drastic changes of our lives.

"Yeah, we can't either." Fred grinned, letting us fall into small, mindless chatter. Not long after that, we decided to go home and spend our first night alone in our finished flat. Before we left, I pulled Harry into a hug that lasted longer than the rest. I was scared to let him go. The world was changing, and he was always on the worst end of it. He was a brother to me, and I wanted to keep him safe.

When we arrived back at our house, Fred nearly ran through the door and collapsed on the couch. He opened his arms to me, telling me he wanted me to join him. I walked over and fell into them, resting my head on his shoulder. Life seemed to be beating me down lately. I was always tired, still suffering from a loss too great to comprehend. My chest ached with every breath I took, my head always wanted to explode. I was ready to give up, and I would've if I didn't have reasons to keep fighting. The family I was brought into by Fred gave me a hope for a better life after the loss I suffered. It gave me hope for a better world. "Don't you think it's amazing we finally have this place all to ourselves? We don't have anyone here to bother us anymore, we can do whatever we want." Fred leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. I let him hold me in the moment, living in the emotion I possessed for him.

"If I'm correct, Mr. Weasley, I think that you're suggesting you'd like to do something that your mother wouldn't approve of." I laughed as we parted. He raised an eyebrow.

"Well you wouldn't be totally wrong, Ms. Black." He smiled. "We are adults now, that have loads of free time on our hands."

"Well," I reasoned. "I'll beat you to the bedroom," I said, standing. I ran towards the door at the end of the corridor, leaving him behind to process what happened.