The Ending - 5

school in the morning and headed straight to 7/11. My intention was to completely cut off the power source of the slushie machine in hopes of making JD stop his delusions. Unfortunately, I only got about halfway through the cord with my pocket knife when an employee noticed me and made me put a stop to my plan. I was let off with a stern talking to and a lifetime ban from the store but it was worth it.

I stayed in my car the entire day waiting for JD to come for his daily high (slushie). He didn't come until 4:47, three minutes later than usual.

_

I go into the 7/11 excited to see my beautiful Slush, to touch her sexy frozen body. I was drooling at the thought of it. Upon making my way to the slushie machine I see the terrifying sight of it being hauled out. I rush to the manager and confront him about this heinous action he is committing. "S-s-Sir why are they- why are they taking away the machine?" I cry at the man. "Some teenage girl thought it would be funny to cut the cord to it, worst part is they stopped making that model years ago...I won't be able to replace it without spending a small fortune" he sighs "It's completely busted." I draw my eyes back to the burly hunky men taking away the machine then look back at the manager.

"Would I maybe be able to get another slushie? J-just one more," the man sighs, "I guess so, it won't be very good though...It might be lukewarm at best" he ushers the men to plug back in the slushie. I waste no time in filling it back up. The drink is runny and less arousing than it normally is but I try to pay no mind. "Hey Slush..." I say with a sigh. "J-J-JD??" Slush cries. "Yeah, it's me," I hold her container tightly trying to comfort her. But in actuality, it's more like I am comforting myself. Her cold exterior keeps me grounded and stops me from bursting into tears right there in the snappy shake.

"I'm scared...I think I'm dying..." I take notice of how quickly she's melting. After all, she was already half melted when I got her due to the damage to the machine. "N- No you can't die. That's not going to happen don't you dare think like that...I'll- I'll keep you in my freezer! Yeah, that'll work, you'll be ok." My eyes well up with tears at the thought of losing Slush, my very best friend, my lover, my other half. "No JD...I can't live like that...I don't want to be confined to your freezer where I will waste away till I rot. That's not a life worth living."

_

I notice JD hysterically talking to a slushie. How the fuck did he get another one I literally cut the breaks... I think as I make my way over to him. "JD what's going on?" I say putting my arm on his shoulder attempting to console him, since his cries are very annoying. "S-Slush is dying.." his whole body shakes. For a moment I actually take pity on the kid and his delusions. "JD- Slush can't die...that's not possible..." I say methodically rubbing his shoulder while he clenches the cup. "What do you mean?" his red puffy eyes look up at me. I take a long sigh. "JD Slush can't die because- well because she's not real." I thought ripping the band-aid off would help but he just starts screaming and flailing around his arms, forgetting that there is a drink he believes is sentient in his hands.

"YOU'RE JEALOUS I WAS HAPPY FOR ONCE IN MY GOD DAMN LIFE" he shrieks at me. "No, I-" he cuts me off "YOU WANT BE BACK OBVIOUSLY AND ARE JEALOUS OF SLUSH AND I'S LOVE!!!" I notice how aggressive he's being, "JD watch out if you're not careful you'll,"

SPLAT

The drink falls out of his hand the red liquid oozing out like blood. He falls to the floor desperately trying to put the drink back into the cup

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHITTTT" I sigh and get down to his level. "JD it's no use..." I say trying to be empathetic. "I- I can't lose her she's all I have left, all that keeps me sane.." he sobs.

I pull him up from the ground and place my hands on his shoulders "You have to keep going JD..." I sigh, "Your life is worth living even without a silly slushie." I wipe away his tears. "You're seventeen...you still have life left to live," he shakes his head. "My life was only worth it when I had her. He says.

It takes a while but eventually, I calm him down. We stare at the bright red liquid splattered across the pavement. He eventually speaks,

"What now?"

"I don't know..."