010 - "Well this is the strangest first date I've been on..."

We land around 2 hours later and jump straight in a cab to my apartment. It's not a long drive, and Millie is asleep for the majority of it.

"Come on sleepyhead we're here." I whisper, stroking her cheek to try and rouse her.

Millie blinks her eyes open at me and smiles softly upon seeing my face.

I lead her into my apartment, setting down our bags in the hallway, before sitting down on the sofa.

"What time do we need to be there?" She asks, slumping next to me on the sofa, her head resting on my shoulder.

"Doors open at 8. Go back to sleep if you like you have time." I whisper, stroking her arm softly.

Millie lets out a small sigh, "No I'm good. What time is it?"

"Half past 5. Why, you hungry?" I smirk.

"Is it that obvious?!" She squeals, sitting up on the sofa.

"No. Not at all..." I tease, "come on, let's go."

We head to a restaurant a 5 minute walk away from my apartment and order food.

"Well this is the strangest first date I've been on. And trust me, I've had a few." Millie chuckles.

Her statement takes me by surprise and I nearly spit out my drink. "What do you mean?"

"Getting flown to London to see my favourite artist is definitely up there for sure. Even if I was your second choice." Millie smirks, teasing me.

"So you think this is a date then?" I beam, my face turning slightly pink.

"Oh. Is it not?" She shuffles in embarrassment, a look of disappointment painted on her face.

"I mean, I was hoping it was." I mutter, the words falling out of my mouth. "Just didn't know if you felt the same."

"No. I'm just using you for Noah Kahan tickets." She replies coldly.

My face drops, until Millie bursts into laughter. "Your face! I'm joking you idiot!"

I chuckle weakly, my face burning even hotter.

Our food arrives in the nick of time, and I eat mine in relative silence. Not really knowing what to say next.

We leave the restaurant and jump in an Uber to the concert, I'm still at a loss for words.

Does she like me?

Does she know I like her?

"What you thinking about?" Millie whispers, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You." I blurt out.

Why do I always do this?

She bites her bottom lip gently. "Oh really?"

"Yep." I chuckle awkwardly. "Nothing weird... I'm not plotting your murder or anything."

"Oh that's a shame." She sighs dramatically. "Would have saved you the air miles back."

I shake my head slightly and chuckle.

How did I get so lucky?

We arrive at the venue and make our way inside. I head over to the bar and get us both a drink, handing one to Millie. "Come on, we need to get backstage."

She gives me a confused glance, "Why?"

"You're meeting Noah Kahan. " I chuckle, making my way through the stage door.

Millie grins at me placing a small peck on my cheek, "Lando Norris you are crazy!"