003 - "You look a lot like Lando Norris..."

A few days later, I'm chilling in Max's apartment when there's a knock at the door.

Max shouts if I can get it as he's mid stream, and I'm rather confused when I see a tall guy holding a gift bag at the other side.

"You're not Millie..." the young man blurts out in confusion, his thick Irish accent catching me off guard.

"She's just across the hall..." I smile politely, my heart sinking.

"Ah thank you, this might sound weird but you look a lot like Lando Norris!" The Irish man bumbles.

"Yeah, I get that all the time!" I chuckle.

I'm about to close the door when I sees Millie's apartment door swing open.

"Oh my God! Kingsley! What are you doing here?!" She shrieks, running over and pulling him into a hug.

What sort of a name is Kingsley??

"Couldn't miss your birthday could I Mills?!" Kingsley grins, giving Amelie a soft kiss on the cheek.

Amelie giggles and turns her attention to me who is still leaning against Max's door frame, "I see you've already met my new friend!"

"Yep, definitely didn't knock on his door instead of yours or anything..." Kingsley shuffles awkwardly, shaking his head.

"At least you didn't just walk in, hey Lando?!" She chuckles, giving me a subtle wink.

Kingsley shoots me a knowing look, causing me to smirk and shake my head slightly.

"How many times have I told you I'm sorry, Happy Birthday by the way!" I smile, running my fingers through my hair.

"Thank you!" Millie blushes, grinning widely. "Come on you, I was just about to pick Reine up from the airport!"

I take one last look at the duo and smile sadly before going back inside Max's apartment and closing the door.

"Who was it?" Max asks, making his way into the living room.

"Some Irish dude, was looking for Amelie." I mumble.

"You know they should really put numbers up on the doors or something." Max chuckles.

I try to shake the thoughts out of my head, why am I so upset she's got a boyfriend? I've only just met the girl.

I feel bad that I didn't know it was her birthday, I could have got her a little present. Or would that have been weird?

A few hours go by and I'm shooting off home, I close Max's door when I hear chatter coming from behind me, and instinctively turn around.

I spot Millie and Kingsley, along with a second person. I recognise her, Reine Thompson, a singer from the UK.

I wave politely, flashing a smile.

"We really have to stop meeting like this you know!" Millie giggles, heading toward her front door.

"Tell me about it!" I chuckle for a second before clearing my throat. "I erm, didn't get you a present as such but I've got two tickets to go and see Noah Kahan next week."

Reine and Kingsley exchange humoured looks between them both and I make my way over to Millie, "I was going to go with Max but something has cropped up, so I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

Amelie looks and me and grins, "I would love to. Noah Kahan is literally my favourite artist at the minute!"

"No way!" I chuckle weakly, my cheeks blushing red.

"Thank you!" Millie beams before pulling me into a hug. It takes me by surprise at first, but I soon melt into her embrace and don't want to break apart.

"We're all going out to a bar later if you want to come?" She looks at me hopefully. "My brother will be there and he doesn't really have anyone to talk to."

"I wouldn't want to intrude..." I mumble, avoiding eye contact.

"I wouldn't have asked otherwise! Ask Max and his girlfriend too!" Millie grins, handing me her phone.

I look at her a bit puzzled, not really understand why she's just given it to me.

"Put your number in I'll text you the details later."  Millie grins, and I do as she says.

Oh God, what have I got myself into?