Chp. 2 - Why the anger?

Second chap!!! I’m glad I can keep my mind on writing!

……………………..

Rena’s POV

I walked over to my seat and smiled at Jake. "Hey Jake." He pulled a small smile and I smiled back. I heard a low growl behind me and decided to ignore it. I sat down and turned to face Mr Grimm.

After an agonising 4 periods and a half decent recess it was finally lunch, I was so hungry that I almost collapsed. I walked into the cafeteria and stopped to observe the many people who were running around with trays of food.

"Rena! Over here!" I saw Jake waving his arms around like there was a fire. I walked towards him with my meal. Awhile after I started eating someone walked in and everyone stopped in their tracks.

It was Dylan. Why did everyone stop for Dylan? He looked around and saw me watching him, his gaze locked in mine for what seemed like an eternity. Finally I looked away to see Jake with his eyes narrowed, glaring at Dylan. When I looked back I was surprised to see Dylan 2 inches in front of me.

Politely he asked "May I sit here?"

"S–sure, go ahead." I stammered, blushing. Wait… blushing? I never blush. I heard people whispering things like ‘Why is the alpha with the new girl?’ and girls visually stabbing me. Dylan sat down in the seat next to me and tried to start conversation with me but Jake kept interfering. I decided to learn everyone’s names.

"Erm.." I said lightly enough for everyone on the table to hear "Im Rena, nice to meet you." The group of girls sitting across me smiled. There were 2 blondes, both with purplish blue eyes, a redhead with hot pink eyes and a girl with pitch black hair and big brown eyes.

The first blonde started to introduce herself "Hi Rena! Im Christine but you can call me Chrissy. This is my twin Angela but she goes by Angie!" I saw Angie nod her head not taking her eyes away from her book "And that is Lauren and Stephanie." She added pointing to the redhead and black haired girl. I smiled at the fact that I had met so many people on my first day.

"Hey! What about us?" I looked over my shoulder to see a bunch of guys, 2 with brown hair, who seemed to be taking to each other and a redhead. "I’m Calen and this is Blake and Alex" Calen said pointing the other guys "and it seems you have already met Jake… and Dylan." He added softly.

"Well hello there. Rena is it?" Blake said.

"Dibs!" Alex shouted. I was surprised the rest of the cafeteria was unfazed by his outburst.

I jumped when I suddenly heard Jake’s voice "Would you all back off!? You’re scaring her!"

Blake and Alex began to yell at each other blaming one another for scaring me. After ages of bickering between the two I stood up and went to return my empty tray and I headed towards the woods for the remaining half hour of lunch. I wanted to have a run.

In our school for weres there were multiple woods and lakes for the students, fortunately for me the one my homeroom was assigned to, had the biggest patch of land and included a small lake in the middle. I shifted to my white wolf form and ran towards the lake. I arrived in less than a minute, I was always known as a fast wolf. I lay down on a nearby rock and slowly drifted off.

"Rena? Rena! Wake up!" I heard a voice ordering me. I woke up to a concerned pair of blue eyes; Jake. "What are you doing out here?!?! We all thought you were lost or something!'

"Let her adjust to what’s happening." A deep husky voice said.

"Dylan." Jake commented softly not taking his eyes of mine. I looked towards Dylan and saw him leaning against a tree trunk. "You know it’s your fault she’s like this!!! She used to be more energetic, more talkative." He paused for a moment, fury building up. "I don’t know what you did to her but I suggest you back away! She’s mine!!"

I was surprised that Jake would yell like that. He was always calm in the worst of situations but now I could see that we had changed a lot since we last met 7 years ago.

"That’s no way to speak to your alpha Jake." Dylan responded. I paused, confused for a moment. What was happening? Why are they having this conversation now? In a split second Dylan grabbed my arm and pulled me up on my feet. He smirked as he crashed his lips on mine. I felt like I was in heaven as I closed my eyes, enjoying his embrace. I pushed him away. I need to find my mate, that’s what I came back for.

"See you later babe." He grinned as he walked away.

I began to hear low growls from behind me and I was suddenly grabbed by Jake. I looked at him, pleading innocence. He sighed and walked away.

"Stay away from him." He said almost threateningly.

I stood there in the woods confused and frustrated. My first kiss was taken by someone who wasn’t even my mate, I was infuriated at both the boys’ behaviour. Why was Jake acting like that and why did Dylan kiss me? I decided to focus on the simpler questions; what did Dylan mean by alpha?

………………….

ILL UPLOAD ASAP!!

-jules