Chapter One - Read all about it

Hey guys! Thanks for reading my fanfic! This is my first one and I don't want to mess it up . I'm really sorry for my English, but I'm, obviously, a foreigner. This is the story of Harry Styles , so I won't write Larry until it's its time. Anyway, hope you enjoy! 

-------------

Every morning I wake up in my white sheets i realise how bad the world I live in is and how mean people could be. I always wonder what's so good about knowing that you had hurt someone. Knowing that maybe that person will go home and cut herself. But do they? Do they know how their words affect people? Or they just imagine that society doesn't care? 

Well, I go through this whole circle of thoughts every time I go to sleep and every single morning when I wake up. I pity everyone who gets bullied, but that doesn't mean i'm never the one who people make fun of. Especially because I'm gay. I've known this for about four years, but I wasn't ready to tell my friends. They had, eventually, found out and, well, in two days the news had spread around.

At first, I was ashamed, not because people found out, but because I was in the middle of the attention. I was really happy being the awkward curly guy in the back of the class who doesn't talk to anyone but his best friend, Aaron. But all these didn't last long and i was a nobody again in less than one week. And, to be honest, I like it better this way. Yes, I am happier alone. Ohh, did I mention my name? I'm Harry. Harry Styles.

------------

*alarm* It's 6 AM. Time to wake up. I hate waking up, but I have this reflex to get out of the bed in less than 5 seconds. My mum says the alarm scares me, but I know she's just making fun of me. Anyway, my routine has already begun. I try to orient myself to the bathroom, but I'm barely finding the stairs. All the washing up takes me about 5 minutes.

"Mornin' mum!"

"Oh, look who's up! What do you want for breakfast?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll just make a sandwich."

"Ok, good, 'cause I'm in a hurry! Are you going to the bakery today?"

"Yep. After school. My boss said it's okay if arrive a few minutes later as soon as I start work immediately"

"All right, darling. See you later. Have fun today!"

"You bet."

Ohh, mum. She's always so busy, but not too busy for me. If only she knew what i go through in school. If only she could tell me what to do, or give me an advice. But no. I can't tell her. I don't wanna worry her. She's already stressed at work, i don't wanna add up. 

Anyway, I better get going. I take my bag and a few bucks and I'm out. It's a sunny day, so I decide to walk to school. I'm happy to see that no one I know goes in the same direction. After half an hour, the white, not so big building appears in front of me. The noise of the young children playing around is unmistakable. I stop for a second, take a deep breath and i go inside as i feel ready. Nothing special happened and i think that maybe I can make it to my locker. I see it. Only a few meters. I can almost touch it. 

"Hey, curly head! Missed me?"

Shit. It HAD to be Ryan. He is like the worst, pain in the ass, asshole, idiot ever! But the best part... he loves torturing me. It's been like this since forever. I decide just to give him a 'fuck you' look and maybe he'll leave.

"Yeah, I thought so. Do you like my T-shirt? I'm hot, aren't I?"

Exactly what I was expecting. A gay joke.

"Come on, Ryan! Is that the best you got? Laaame!"

"Whatever.." he said after his friends started laughing behind him.

I give him a fake smile and then close the door of my locker. I turn around to face Aaron. I am so relieved to see a familiar face.

"Hey, mate!" he says while he hugs me. 

"Hey! How was your summer? I know you made a lot of travelling!"

"Yeah, I'll tell you all about it. But first, what was that about?" he asks as he turns his eyes to where Ryan and his friends were standing.

"Nothing.. Just Ryan, being Ryan."

I don't feel like talking about this. He probably noticed, because he doesn't ask again. Both of us decide that we should go to the English lesson. English. My favorite lesson. I find a sit in the back of the class and I put my books on the desk. This is the only class in which we have a TV and a girl decides to open it. I just stare at it, as the channels change, when i see it...

"Stop it there!"

I don't realise how loud i was until i find myself on my feet with everyone in the class staring at me. I feel really embarrassed, so i sit back on my chair. The girl goes back to where I said. I wish she never done it, but now the 'X Factor' advertisement is on TV and everybody sees it.

"Think about joining, curly-hair?"

"Stop calling him like this!" shouts Aaron.

This environment is interrupted by my English teacher. Thank God he came, otherwise Aaron would have asked me. I don't want to be asked about it! I don't know the answer myself. What do I know about singing, anyway? But still, I can't help myself but wonder, what if...?