Cleveland Browns

It was sad but not shocking as Ryder was a free agent. He thought about hanging up the cleats and going into acting but decided against it, feeling like he had some plenty in the tank. His Agent called him to tell him he had an offer from the Cleveland Browns for a year for 2.5 million.

Ryder said, "Why should I go to fucking Cleveland?" Jason said, "Because of opportunity, this Manziel guy is fucked up and that should get you second-string if not starter. It's either that or take a chance or the Titans or the Bucs and hope they start you ahead of the rookies they plan to draft," Ryder thought about it and after dealing with the same situation in Oakland. He decided Cleveland it is. It would also be a reunion as his buddy and high school teammate John O'Connor was drafted by the Browns in the fourth round. In other Hollywood Arts alum news, Andre Harris in the same draft was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round.   

At check-in for the Browns Training Camp, Ryder check-in first before his buddy and waited 15-20 minutes for John got there and said, "Man, they be going to the bottom of the barrel since they got you," John with a little laugh who added, "I can say the same thing about you," They both bro-hugged and Ryder said, "How are you doing? Also, congrats on graduating," John said, "Same to you as well," Ryder said, "How does it feel to be an NFL player?" John said, "Not there yet, I still got to make the team. Also, are we roommates?" Ryder said, "We are," John said, "How did you work that?" Ryder said, "I know a guy,"  

John wasn't the only familiar face Ryder knew. His teammate from Oakland Terrelle Pryor was on the team. Ryder said, "Hey, Terrelle How are you?"  Terrelle said, "Good man, how are you doing?" Ryder said, "Are we competing for the same position again?" Terrelle said, "You have nothing to worry about this time, I'm a receiver now. Your buddy is the one who should worry," Ryder said, "I'll let him know unless he knows already,"  

During the first training camp day, Ryder and John were stretching next to each other and Ryder said, "How's Tori?" John said, "Very funny, you know I'm seeing someone else now and if you must know she's finishing up in UCLA, and do you know that Andre is a Buccaneer now?" Ryder said, "Jealous?" John said, "I am, I wished my original hometown team drafted me," Ryder said, "Also, how is Jamie doing?" John said, "She's great, she got a job in LA, and let's ask it's going to be interesting with the long-distance relationship," Ryder said, "Ouch," John said, "Yeah I know, Have you seen anyone since Becky broke up with you in Oakland?" Ryder said, "Nope, I'm single," Then they saw Johnny Manizel looking like he was fighting a hangover and John lay on the ground and said, "OH this is going to be a long season isn't it?"    

Both Ryder and John were fighting for spots on the Browns team. They fought to make the 53-man roster. After Training Camp and the Preseason, they found out they barely made the team. Ryder stayed on as the third-string QB as an insurance policy and John was going to see time as a player on kickoff and punting units, They also rented a place together.   

For the first Ten games, it looked Ryder was going to not throw a pass for another season, then came video of Manziel partying in Vegas during the bye week and the Browns deactivated for the rest of the season because they got tired of Johnny Manziel's shit promoting Ryder to second string. In the Monday Night Matchup against the Baltimore Ravens, Josh McCown got hurt and Ryder took over. He went 7-10 with 83 yards and a game-tying touchdown with less than two minutes left, a 42-yard pass to O'Connor which was John's first NFL touchdown. O'Connor celebrated by pumping his right fist like he was Michael Jordan making a game-winning shot against Cleveland. He was congratulated by receivers and some offensive linemen and managed the get the ball. On the sidelines, the first person to meet him was Ryder, who gave O'Connor gave a hug and O'Connor went to the equipment manager to put the ball in storage. Ryder said, "Are you going to give that ball to Hollywood Arts?" John said, "No, I'm keeping it. They can have the second one," Ryder said, "Why happened to act like you been there before?" John said, "This is my first time here in this league,"  Ryder later had a chance to win the game as he ran for 10 yards to the Ravens 30-yard line for a potential game-winning field goal with three seconds left. The kick was up and it was blocked and returned for a game-winning touchdown as the Ravens won 33-27. It was a painful way to lose the game. 

In addition, McCown was out for the rest of the season leaving Ryder to be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season. He would get another chance to prove himself in the NFL level. Sadly, his team of the Browns mirrored his rookie year winning only one game and only having one 300-yard game. The big difference he threw for less Touchdowns as he went 110-192 for 1,205 yards with four touchdowns (three of them to his buddy O'Connor) and nine interceptions. Unlike his rookie year, he knew he wasn't going to be the starter for next season. He would be lucky if stay on for next season though he went it was unlikely. 

When the Browns signed Robert Griffin III, it was official, Ryder Daniels was released in back-to-back seasons. 

John texted, "I heard, Sorry man," Ryder texted, "It is what it is," John texted, "I know it was a crappy season but I did enjoy playing with you again," Ryder said, "Likewise, keep up the good work there" John said, "I'll try,"

Once again, Ryder Daniels was looking for a new team.