One Last Workout until Texas

A week before going to Texas Tech, Ryder worked out with John to get ready for the upcoming season with John playing one more year at Hollywood Arts doing spirits and other workout drills. Since the Full Moon Jam about half of the team turned on against Ryder. John was one of Ryder's supporters though he was friends with the group as well and was dating Tori. Ryder and John were playing catch and talking.

John said, "So you ready to play big-time college football, superstar?" Ryder said, "Are you ready to be in your senior year?" John said, "Only if Beck actually throws me the ball and not to Andre 20-30 times a game," Ryder said, "You should be fine, Coach Taylor isn't going to allow there. Besides if you're with Tori and treating her right, it shouldn't be a problem with Beck and Andre," John said, "That's rich you giving me dating advice. Also, are you going to tell me why you did what you did? Was it because of Allison?" 

Ryder said, "Hey who better to give someone dating advice than someone who screw up multiple times? Also, A part of it was because of the breakup with Allison though I had to take a dance class and I wasn't that good at dancing and knew this one girl was and I made the moves on her and got an A and long story shorts I kept doing it because of good grades and I could," 

John Said, "I'm surprised you got away with it as long as you did though I can make the case in another high school you would have gotten away with it until you graduated. Maybe you should have gone to Mater Dei," 

Ryder laughed and said, "Hollywood Arts was good until the last few months," John said, "Have you apologized to Tori?" Ryder said, "I did and she kneed me in the groin though I thought about saying her out to the Cow Wow but you beat me to do it," 

John Said, "Actually she said, 'No,' saw you and then asked, 'So are you driving or Trina can drive?'" Ryder said, "Tell me you drove you," John Said, "I did, I got to remind myself of staying on her good side though it could have been worse, could you have pissed off Jade and been attacked with her scissors,"      

Ryder laughed and added, "I actually had a crush on Jade and if she's was single I would have asked her out," John added, "and you would have been dead," Ryder laughed and said, "Probably," 

John said, "Did you consider Baseball? You would have had a good arm for it and plus you wouldn't have to worry about getting hit all the time, maybe sometimes but all the time," 

Ryder said, "Before high school, I made a choice between football and baseball and I chose Football because you just throw the ball and throw from this angle, that angle plus I couldn't hit that much. Also can we stop throwing?" John said, "Sure, my arm is tried as well and I'm sure you want to save your arm for Lubbock," They got water and walked around the field. 

Ryder said, "So are you going to miss me?" John said, "Of course, Beck isn't the quarterback you are," Ryder said, "Funny," John said, "What can I say, Us receivers only look good when you quarterback look good. When was the last time that a receiver won a Heisman? 91 with Desmond Howard. Also, are you going to wear the number 3 in Texas Tech?" 

Ryder said, "Coach Tuberville said the number is available and that it's mine if I choose it which I will," John said, "Good to hear," Ryder said, "How's your recruitment has been?" John said, "Not as much as you but I have attention from USF and UCLA aka my original hometown and my current one and the Arizona teams are looking at me so I'll be also playing college football knock on wood,"

As they were walking they saw Andre and Beck walking towards them as they start their workout. Andre said, "Look what we have here it's the old duo, get ready for the new duo," John said, "Hey Jackasses, you guys still have to deal with me for another year," Andre said, "Don't remind us," Beck said, "Hey Ryder, screw over any ladies lately," John said, Enough OK, I've given him enough crap about that," Andre said, "Typical how a receiver backs up his quarterback," John said, "You'll do the same for Beck and I'll do the same for Beck as well," 

Ryder said, "Come on John, let's go," Beck said, "Like you do the girls," Ryder was pissed and was heading towards Beck when John stopped him and said, "Hey, I not going to let you end you college career before it had a chance to start. Hitting Beck is not the answer. Also, Beck, you're not one to said everything since you're not a good boyfriend to Jade," 

Beck said, "You know what would be the answer?" Ryder said, "What?" Beck said, "Who can throw the furthest?" John said, "Come on, Ryder can destroy you," Andre said, "Prove it," Ryder said, "Beck first," Andre has two footballs and gives one to Beck who throws it about 30-40 yards. John said, "Not bad," then Andre gave one to Ryder who threw the ball twice that distance beating Beck. 

Ryder said, "Happy?" Beck and Andre agreed. Andre said, "Look, we didn't like you did to those ladies and our friend Tori but we will miss you and kill it over at Lubbock," and Beck and Andre gave Ryder and John bro-hugs and Ryder told Beck, "Take care of my friend, here," Beck said, "Don't worry, I will besides it's hard to ignore a guy with three straight 1,000-yard seasons," 

Ryder and John left the field. A week later Ryder's parents gave him a ride to Lubbock, saying their Goodbyes and wishing him luck at Texas and just like that, Ryder Daniels was starting his Texas adventure.