Where to go

Before Ryder Daniels, The Hollywood Arts football team was nothing. They would be lucky to be won a game in a season. Not easy to have a good team nearly all the students audition to learn to be actors, musicians, dancers, and performers in general not necessarily be athletes. That changed when Ryder Daniels came to audition for Hollywood Arts. He could have got to Mater Dei but decided to go to Hollywood Arts to be an actor. His dad was against it until he discovered they had a football team, so his dad so ok with it. Ryder could also have been a pitcher but decided to pick football over baseball. Ryder got it and was automatically the starting quarterback. 

Despite not having much talent around him, Ryder managed to led the Stars to a 7-3 record and a playoff appearance, first-round exit. He had thrown for over 3,000 yards, had a completion percentage of 66, and had 25 touchdowns to 10 interceptions. 

Then Ryder started to get weapons like John O'Connor who had a similar stature to Steven Largeant however like Largeant he was a good receiver except Largeant didn't have 4.3 speed. The Stars went 7-3 again and made it the second round with Ryder's numbers being similar though more Touchdowns (32) and more picks (14) and increased his completion percentage to 68.

Then came receivers Andre Harris and Beck Oliver who also doubled as Ryder's backup and a left tackle in Big Dave Williams in Ryder's junior year and senior year, the floodgates opened up as Ryder threw for over 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns in each of his last two seasons with a completion percentage of 70 and led them to back to back 9-1 seasons and State Finals appearances. They lost both of them but it wasn't for the lack of trying especially on Ryder's part throwing for nearly a thousand yards and getting 15 touchdowns total with only two picks in the two state championships games in total.         

After the season, Ryder wondered where he would go to play college ball. With him being 6'3" 215 pounds and having a great arm he was the highest-ranked quarterback in the country and five-star recruit. Plus it helped, he had talented people like Sinjin make his HS highlight videos. It helps going to a performing arts school. However, he was "only" the 21st recruit overall. It wasn't a great recruiting for quarterback. However, every Football Bowl Subdivision school recruited Ryder. He wanted to play for Mike Leach and the Air Raid offense over at Texas Tech.  He had a good relationship with him so much so that Ryder would verbally commit to the Red Raiders. 

However, in December of 2009, Leach was fired by Texas Tech and Ryder was upset and de-committed from the school and opened up his recruitment again. He wanted to go to USC and follow in the footsteps of Carson Palmer, he wore the number 3 because of Palmer but he knew he would sit behind Matt Barkley for two years if he was lucky so USC was out. 

He looked at the other California schools but nothing appealed to him.  He considered Texas, LSU, Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, and he still thought about Texas Tech. One day, new Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville came to his house and told him that he was still keeping the offense Leach had set up and that he would more than likely sit on the bench in his first season and would complete for starting job in his sophomore year. 

Ryder knew Tuberville and his successes in Auburn including a 13-0 record in 2004 and felt comfortable with him as his coach so on signing day which was the first of it's kind on Hollywood Arts, a crowd gathered around the Blackbox Theater with ESPN cameras there. 

His announcement was live on ESPN and he announced to the world that indeed he was going to Texas Tech to play for coach Tuberville. The whole school celebrated Ryder's decision and so did Texas Tech especially Coach Tuberville who was interviewed saying that glory days were coming to Texas Tech. 

Ryder even replaced his locker which painted black with paintings of Brando, Dean, Day-Lewis among other actors and replaced it with a red locker with the Texas Tech logo and Yosemite Sam on it with footballs on it. 

It looked like that Ryder Daniels was untouchable until the Full Moon Jam when Tori Vega and her friends which included Andre and Beck exposed him for using girls to get good grades and then dumping them with her performance of Begging on Your Knees. His popularity took a hit and as well as his grade in the singing class as the assignment counted for a third of his grade and since he didn't sing he got an F even though his mike was muted. Plus, word got out to Texas Tech. He accused Sinjin of doing that and confronted in the hallway only to discover that his ex-teammates Andre and Beck prevent him from going after Sinjin and they confessed that they were the ones to contact the University not Sinjin. He seemed like his Texas Tech career was going to end before it had a chance to start.   

Tuberville called Ryder and asked, "Is this true?" Ryder thought about lying but decided to be honest and said "Yes, is true," Tuberville replied, "Did you cheat?" Ryder said, "No sir, I did my share of the work and I did the work," Tuberville said, "That's good to hear. I don't like what you did but that's something you got work on and I suggest saying sorry to some of those girls. Also, you took a chance on me and I will take a chance on you. Also, would it affect your graduating?" 

Ryder answered, "I'm not sure but I do whatever I can to pass the class. I would have taken summer courses at the university if I could," Coach said, "Glad to hear," 

Ryder was able to get a C in the singing class in question and apologize to some of the girls he wronged including Tori. Some accepted, others didn't. He was able to graduate much of the dismay of some of his fellow students especially the ladies and he was going to head to Texas Tech and leave Hollywood Arts behind though he still had a few months in LA.