CHAPTER IX

Please like and comment. I appreciate your feedback and support. I'll be posting new chapters spontaneously, so stay tuned.

Love ya'll.

✯☾ .............................................. ☽✯

The Declan Windsor Statue

Perched on the first floor of the Central Building, in the Assembly Hall. The most secure building on campus. And they're saying we're going to be part of a case this big. The statue stands as a testament to the school's honor.

Declan Windsor is the founding father of Aureus-the empire, not just the school

Declan Windsor is the founding father of Aureus-the empire, not just the school. The Aureus Group.

"It's out of the question," I state, my legs crossed, reclining comfortably, "We can't even get close to that statue, much less do anything to it."

"But what if it isn't?" I hear someone come into the storage room. I turn my head towards the entrance to find Garrett standing there, leaning against the wall.

"I wondered when you'd show up." I address him before shifting my gaze back to May. In my momentary distraction, Elijah had given May a glass of water. She gulps it down, parched, beads of sweat dotting her brow.

What's going on here?

I try not to ask too much and instead give Garrett my full attention. I can talk to May later tonight.

"Do you have a plan then?" I inquire.

"Indeed," Garrett confirms, settling into the vacant chair next to Aiden.

"What might that be?" I probe.

Garrett glances at May, "We have some 'things'. Are you okay to continue, May?"

Why does everyone know what's happening except me?

May nods, pulling out her phone. With a few taps, she shows me some gadgets on the screen.

"These are just prototypes, but I trust their functionality completely," she says, taking another sip of water, her tone and behavior back to normal.

"We've got an EMP disrupter capable of knocking out cameras within a 50 to 100 meters radius. Pair of Diffraction Spectrum Glasses that scatter light, foiling facial recognition and mosaics faces on camera. A Resonant Frequency MicroEmitter. And gas bombs concocted from Raspberry Jello mix, corn, and Anise Oil," she details each item displayed.