CHAPTER IV

Please like and comment. I appreciate your feedback and support. I'll be posting new chapters spontaneously, so stay tuned.

Love ya'll.

✯☾ .............................................. ☽✯

The Broken Diamond.

That's the nickname they've given Elijah. He was once the Diamond of the society. Born into a prestigious family, endowed with wealth and beauty, lacking nothing. However, the surprising fact about him isn't his family; it's him. Unlike his father, Charles Maverick, an ex-F1 racer with five championship trophies, who became the country's top automotive retailer, Elijah possesses an unexpected sympathy for those beneath him. This led him to turn a blind eye when they conspired against the authority of Aureus or even attempted to stab a teacher. He lived in utter lavishness and felt pity for those who couldn't afford such luxuries, always making sure to throw his leftovers to them.

A true hypocrite.

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and in his case, it rings true-he's undeniably narcissistic. Despite understanding the struggles of the lower ranks and offering his sympathy, he never lifted a finger to help them. He would glance right through them and change his path upon seeing others bullied. This was one aspect even his ex-girlfriend couldn't change, who herself was from the lower class. The changes she did made were his once pristine reputation-tainting it with her name-and him. Before her, he embodied the grace and poise of a Golden Ranker. After her, he mirrored the lower ranks' flirtatious rebels. A rebel himself. And so, the once radiant diamond shattered.

But him being 'W' isn't impossible, is it?

"You should tell May about this," Aiden suggests, his voice barely above a yawn as he slumps in the seat beside me, marked 'Rank 11'.

"Yes. Okay," I reply absently, my gaze flitting between him and Elijah, then back again. The words take a moment to sink in. "Wait, what? Tell her what?"

It's been a week since the session started, and May hasn't returned yet, but my mind has been too preoccupied to concern myself with it right now.

"About these... um... new feelings of yours?" Aiden's eyes meet mine, after glancing at Elijah once.

Realization hits, and I smack him on the head, my whisper sharp but hushed, "Dude, what the heck! First, gross. Second, you don't say things like these with a straight face."

He shakes his head, a single, dismissive gesture, then his gaze shifts to Angelina, who stands by the door with Garrett, a familiar storm of emotions in his eyes. This time, it's my turn to shake my head.

"The school isn't short on girls for you to start crushing on guys now," he retorts, the previous emotion vanishing from his expression.

I grimace, motioning for him to return to his seat. He gets up, scoffing at me before eyeing Angelina for the last time. Angelina, who was preoccupied with Garrett before, sees him and blows a kiss, to which Aiden grimaces and takes his seat. I shake my head again. My attention returns to Elijah, piecing together the puzzle of his actions. A fire in the Staffroom couldn't have sparked without his or Michael's involvement, yet the footage revealed nothing. So when? How? And most importantly, who?