Chapter 45

POV: Carlos

— Lando, I have to go now, come on, I repeat, trying to detach my very clingy boyfriend from my body.

He's so cute, holding me like a koala to keep me close to him. But my flight won't wait, and I don't really wanna miss it. Sighing, I use a bit more strength and he finally gives up, looking sad.

— But...

— I know, I know. Listen, we'll only be apart for the flight, I asked to be in the same hotel as you for Canada okay sweetie?

— Really? His eyes light up again, a smile forming on his lips.

— Yep, I pretended something was wrong with the hotel they chose and told them the one you're staying in was okay from what I remember, and they didn't ask anything just changed me. Are you happier now?

He nods and hugs me one last time, before quickly pressing his lips against mine. The wave of warmth and comfort rushes over me, making me close my eyes. I will never be satisfied anymore if I'm not with him, this is for sure.

— See you then, Carlito, he waves at me as I cross past the door, going to my own hotel room.

As I'm almost there, I see someone getting out of what I believe is Charles' room, and I gasp silently as I recognise Max. Those two actually slept together, huh? I grin thinking how Lando was right, but my smile immediately falls off when I hear quiet cries. The Dutchman hasn't seen me, walking quite quickly in the opposite direction in the corridor, and I'm left alone and worried. What could have happened?

I don't know what to do, should I go talk to Charles, run to Max, or ignore both of them, for now at least, and pack my things?

I decide it's best to leave them alone at the moment, and discreetly open my door. I don't hear a thing from the other side of the wall, and my heart tightens thinking that Charles and Max may have broken up.

It's soon time to go, and I get to the airport without any more surprising encounter, grabbing some food on the way. I've not seen Charles or Max since then, but I believe I share the flight with my teammate so I'll definitely have to make a choice: say something, or mind my business?

— Hey mate, I'm greeted by the Monegasque, as I sit opposite to him.

— Hey, how are you?

— Fine, fine, I can hear something is off in his voice, but I decide to wait a bit more to ask anything. You?

Thinking suddenly of Lando, and our beginning relationship, I can't help but smile, a stupid look probably on my face.

— I think I couldn't be happier, I only say, wanting to wait before telling him.

The plane is soon leaving the ground, and I look around realising we're the only two in that part of the jet. Perfect, I can ask and say everything I want then.

— Do you wanna play chess? He suddenly asks, his tone a bit more enthusiastic than before.

I agree and we start playing, the competitive silence reigning between us. He eventually wins, and I roll my eyes at his smug grin.

— How are you so good at chess, who taught you all this? I say, a bit frustrated with my defeat.

— Ah, well, I don't really know, I suppose it's more about practice you know, kinda like you with golf!

We then decide to watch a movie, the time starting to feel quite long. But I really want to tell him for Lando and I, especially as he was so supportive when I was feeling down a few weeks ago. And I also want to know what happened with Max, maybe I've misunderstood the situation but...