Chapter 15

After practically dragging Dean onto the plane after trying to chicken out last minute, Nevaeh didn't let go of Dean's hand until they were finally in their seats.

"Flight attendants, please cross check and prepare for departure," a woman says, and Dean glances up with wide eyes. "Just relax, Dean," Nevaeh leans in and whispers to him.

"Just shut up, Nevaeh," he says, grabbing a newspaper,  and Nevaeh gives him a smug smile. This'll be entertaining. When the engine starts whirring, Dean slaps the newspapers on his thighs and tenses, not even moving a muscle. Nevaeh is about to make a joke about the plane crashing at this very second, but seeing the unease etched on his face, she decides to just let him be. Instead, when the plane starts moving, and she looks over at Dean, squirming in his seat, she grips his hand. She doesn't look over at him, but she feels him look over at her. "Deep breaths, Dean," she tells him.

"That doesn't work," he says through his teeth.

"Well do something to distract yourself. Anything."

Dean gives Nevaeh a lopsided grin. "All right, but uh," he nods towards the bathroom," I am gonna need some help."

Nevaeh gives him an incredulous look. "Are you serious right now? There's a possibility that we might die."

Dean shrugs. "I'll go out doing something I love. It'll be symbolic." Nevaeh rolls her eyes, and looks out the window. Not long after, she slowly looks over at Dean when he starts humming. "Are you humming..." she pauses, listening to the tune, "...Metallica?"

"Calms me down," he answers.

"Dean, I get that you're nervous, but we have to stay focused, all right?" Dean glances over at her and gives a tight nod. "We only have 32 minutes in counting to track this demon down and perform an exorcism."

"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That'll be easy," Dean scoffs.

"Which is why we're gonna take it one step at a time, alright?" She says and Dean nods. Nevaeh turns her head to the seat behind her where Sam is sitting. "Got a hint?" She asks him and Sam shakes his head. "But," he says, "we know that it's gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, like an addiction or some sort of emotional distress."

"Amanda," Nevaeh suggests. "This is her first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be in distress."

"Excuse me, are you Amanda?" Dean asks an attendant when she comes to their seat.

"No, I'm not," she says and Dean nods his head. "Oh, my mistake." Dean glances behind his seat and says, "all right, well, that's gotta be Amanda back there. So, I'll go talk to her and get a read on her mental state."

"And what if she's already possessed?" Sam asks him.

"There's ways to test that," Dean says, and reaches into his bag, grabbing holy water.

"No," Sam says, "we have to be more subtle. Just in case. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God."

"Oh, nice," Dean stands, and begins walking to the back of the airplane. "Hey," Sam stops him, "Say it in Latin. It's Christo."

"Dude, I know, I'm not an idiot," Dean says and walks off.

When Dean leaves, Sam sits in his seat. "You doing okay?"

She gives him a thumbs up. "It's not my first flight. Can't say I'm not a bit on edge about the whole 'going to crash' thing though."

Sam smirks. "A bit?"

Nevaeh smiles, "yeah, I have faith in us. How about you?"

"Same here. This is my first flight, though." Nevaeh turns to Sam when he pauses, sensing that he has something else to say. Sam looks out the window and says, "you think this thing knows anything about Jess?"