Chapter 13

"Morning, sunshine!" Nevaeh chirps and collapses onto the bed next to Dean, her eyes sweeping over his sleeping figure. "And put on some pants, perv. There's a lady present."

"Really? Where?" Dean squints at her with one eye closed and she swats at his arm. "What time is it?" He groans and turns back around, plopping his head back down on the pillow.

"About 5:45."

"In the morning?" He drones. "Where does the day go?"

"Get up," she slaps his leg, and he turns back towards her, sitting up with a groan. Now that he's facing her, she couldn't help but notice how cute and fluffy his bed hair looks. Not that it matters. Just an observation.

"Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours," she says. Which is the truth. She did grab a couple hours. But she couldn't really sleep. She's been on edge lately, and she isn't really sure why.

"Liar." He says, and she frowns. "I was up at 3, and you were watching criminal minds and eating ice cream."

Nevaeh purses her lips. "Hey, what can I say? It's a great show. I got bored."

"When's the last time you got a good night's sleep?"

She shrugs and walks to her suitcase to pick out her outfit of the day. "Uh, I don't know. During the car rides sometimes, I guess. Doesn't really matter," she says with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Yeah, it does. Those car rides are only like 3 hours long on average. And it takes you at least an hour to fall asleep because you won't stop talking."

Sue narrows her eyes at him. "Well I appreciate your concern, jackass, but I know how much sleep—"

"Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep me and Sammy's ass alive. So I need you sharp."

She chuckles, pouring herself a cup of water. "Yeah, well, I am sharp. Sharper than you on your best day."

"Seriously, Nevaeh," he says, and his concerned tone makes her turn to face him. "You still worrying about your brother?"

"Seriously, Dean," she mimics him. "I'm good," she assures, but doesn't answer his question. She turns on her heel and shuffles to the bathroom before he asks anything else.

"Because if you wanna find him you gotta be well rested!" Dean calls and she rolls her eyes.

She looks into the mirror. It is obvious that she hasn't gotten any sleep. Her under eyes are starting to darken a bit. She peeps out of the door when she hears the front door open at Sam, walking in with a box of donuts.

"Lemon filled?" She asks him and he holds up a paper bag. "Of course." She snatches the bag out of his hand with a grin. "I'm so in love with you, Winchester."

She plops on the bed, and just as she's opening the bag, her cell phone starts ringing. "Ugh," she groans. She groans at the unknown number. "Hello?"

"Nevaeh. It's uh, it's Jerry Panowski. You and your dad helped me out a couple years back." She pauses for a few seconds before she recognizes the name. "Oh, right, yeah, Jerry and the poltergeist thing up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania. How are you? Don't tell me it's back." Dean and Sam gives her questioning looks and she holds up a finger.

"No." He chuckles, "thank god, no. But it's something else, and well, I think it could be a lot worse."

"What is it?"

"Can we talk in person?"

Nevaeh puts her hand over the phone speaker. "Uh, me and my dad helped this guy out back in '96. He might have something." They both nod and she removes her hand. "Yeah, ok. We'll be there in about 2 days."