Ruhi Pov

After finishing the office work. I thought to take a small break and go on a solo coffee date. I frequently took myself on such small dates, not because I was lonely or anything.
I just enjoyed my company a lot. I always liked the cozy little cafes. One of my favorites was Cafè Selina. It was frequently visited by my mom and me.

I decided to order a cappuccino for me. It was self service so I thought of getting coffee and then sitting on the corner seat.

As I was going to take a seat, I saw that it was already occupied by Nikhil and his friends.

I froze at the spot. I couldn't move a muscle. I had not seen him since school. It must have been around 9-10 years.
He had changed. Its as if he had gotten more handsome and freakishly tall. How can anyone increase their handsomeness. (Its not even a word Ruhi).

Nikhil. He was my first and only crush at school. I started liking him around 9th grade. Then during 10th grade I stopped looking at him, because I knew he would never return those feelings. Now after seeing him in person, its as if those feelings never stopped. They are still there.

He has glasses now? He looked pretty hot.
(Come on Ruhi, take a seat away from him. He must not find out that you are looking at him).

But to my disadvantage, there were no seats empty!! Why always me, why?

Then I noticed he is seating with his friends from school. Ofcourse they will be with him. They were the most popular students in our entire school. Their parents were super rich and famous. But their thought was to make their children go to a common school, to make them experience the normal life. Normal life! Which meant making ours seem abnormal.

Though their group never bothered me much. Other rich kids always targeted kids like me for bullying. They didn't physically bully me, but mentally yes. A lot. Mostly on my appearance and the fact that I didn't speak to boys. In fact I was not afraid of them. I was just trying to stay out of trouble.

But Nikhil and his friends never did. It has been many years. Should I greet them?

(But I am underdressed. They wouldn't even remember you. So there is no point in saying hello. Also Nikhil must have someone in his life. He must be happy. Its better to leave now. Otherwise I might get busted for looking)

What I forgot was the coffee in my hand has gotten cold. I quickly drank it and decided to leave the place before anyone sees me.

I was around 8 feet from Nikhil's table. I thought someone saw me. So I quickly kept the coffee cup on counter and started leaving.

I heard someone call my name,"Ruhi wait".
I stopped and turned back.
It was Ruhani, a friend of Nikhil's.
She was looking really pretty in her orange one piece and black heels.

Ruhani: You are Ruhi,right? We were in same school and class.

Ruhi: Yes, hello Ruhani. Its nice to see you again.

Ruhani: Oh my god!! I am so happy to meet you again. How are you? What do you do now? Do you live here? Oh, and are you married? Shit, I spoke a lot, right. Tell me na.

Ruhi: Well, I am good. I am a senior analyst at an Investment Banking firm. I live here only. No, I am not married. What about you?

Ruhani: I own a Consultancy firm with Vihaan. You remember him right? He was also in our class. Actually all of us are here only. Can you come with me? I want you meet everyone. Nikhil, Samaira,Rishab and Vihaan.

Ruhi: I am in a hurry and its already late so I have to leave. We can meet on some other day.

Ruhani: Wait, wait I will bring them.

Saying this she ran to her Table. Ruhi was waiting in the entrance. But a large number of people entered. So the staff asked her to leave as there was no space to stand.

With a heavy heart, Ruhi said,"Atleast I got a glimpse of Nikhil. It was not in  my destiny to meet him. Goodbye, Nikhil. "

Ruhi left the cafe and went home. Having a quick dinner and a chat with her family members she went to sleep. But after closing her eyes she could only see Nikhil's face.