Nikhil Pov

Nikhil Pov:

Life has been not so good for me. My business had been making continous losses. The business is a family business of cybersecurity services. I have to revive it at any chance that I get.
My life was good till the school because I had an amazing group of friends.

We were the typical group of rich kids whom everyone in school adored. So naturally the entire class became my friends. But my close ones are- Rishab, Samaira, Ruhani and Vihaan.

All of them are my business partners through many different ventures. Our business was associated with a hospital in which Samaira was the Co-owner, in Rishab's marketing firm and in Ruhani and Vihaan's Consultancy firm.

In the morning I got surprised to know that Samaira is getting engaged to her boyfriend Rithvik in 2 days. She kept this huge news away from us.
Vihaan, Rishab & Ruhani barged into my room.

Ruhani angrilly said" Let her come home, then we will see her. How can she keep this huge news hidden from us. Its good that Rithvik posted about it on social media otherwise we would'nt know. "

Nikhil: Why are you getting so angry? She would have told us in person right. We need to keep a little bit of patience.

Ruhani: How can you be so calm dude? I really envy your future wife, she is going to be so lucky to have you as a calm and patient husband.

Nikhil blushed and started packing his office bag.

Rishab: Why are you blushing huh? You don't have a girlfriend or any crush.

Nikhil: That's not entirely true.

Rishab: Please don't tell me you are still not over your school crush?It has been over 10 years since we left school.

Nikhil: Not a word about her Rishab, I know that all of you are going to think that I am silly for having a crush on her.

Vihaan: But we are already know that you are silly and stupid.
Ruhani, Vihaan and Rishab start laughing on him loudly.

Rishab: Then why don't you confess to her dude. I just don't know your logic. You are already getting hurt by keeping these emotions buried inside you.

Ruhani: He is right Nikhil. Its high time now, any time uncle and aunty will come to you for a marriage proposal when they find out that Samaira is getting engaged.

Nikhil: I know that Ruhani, but what can I do? I am scared of contacting her. What if she rejects me or what if she is already with someone? But I will promise you guys one thing, if I happen to run into her I will confess everything.

Vihaan: Huh, as if she is going to recognise you.

Ruhani: Why won't she? Nikhil was one of most popular and good looking guys of our batch. I am sure she won't forget his face.

Nikhil: Umm, I am not sure if she would. She hardly looked at me when we were in same class. I still remember she used to come very early to our class. She always wore two braids and half-rim spectacles. She frequently smiled at anyone. She looked really beautiful on our last day of school in a saree. She was looking so pretty in it. I decided to ask her for a photo but then I found out that she left early. That was the last time I saw her. Then our streams changed, she chose commerce and I chose science. We did not run into each other since then. But I am missing her terribly.

All of my friends were having mix of emotions on their faces mainly of being concerned, then Samaira entered the room

Samaira: Guys, I am really sorry. I wanted to you call you all, but Rithvik wanted to post it on instagram first so,I could not tell you sooner.

Nikhil: Its okay Samaira. We were just disappointed that you didn't tell us first.

Samaira: I have a plan for you to meet your crush.

Everyone looked at Samira as if she had
given a brilliant idea.

Nikhil: What? Tell me fast.

Samaira: We still have our batch group on whatsapp right, so I was thinking of posting my invitation on that group.

Nikhil made a sad face and started going downstairs. Everyone followed him to the ground floor.

Rishab: Thats a cool idea. Post it everywhere. She might see it. Why are you so sad now Nikhil? We are setting you guys up.

Nikhil: Thats a good plan, but I know that she won't come.

Vihaan: Why?

Nikhil: She used to avoid our group like we were a plague. She never made a conversation with any of our member. And as far as I know her, she is an introvert and a shy person. She won't attend, without knowing the person personally.

Samaira: I will do one thing I will post it with a message saying, all of our batchmates are invited even if they are not close to me. So should I do it?
Everyone: Yes!!!

Author Pov

So Samaira sent the invitation on her batchmates group. But little did they know how circumstances were going to change on her engagement day.