Prologue

I got shocked seeing all my past classmates standing in front of me as was exiting the conference hall.
All were decked up in beautiful traditional indian clothes, whereas I was in my work formals. They were stunned seeing me after 8 years of high school.

His eyes were not leaving my face. They were warm, brown and looked different, I was not able to guess. Ruhani approached me and asked,"Have you come to attend the  engagement party?"

Observing my confused face, with a smile he said,"Its Samaira's engagement today, our batchmate. All of us have gathered for it. I am sure she wouldn't mind, if you accompany us. Not many of her school friends are attending. So will you join us?"
I answered,"Umm, I am not invited by her and I have not been in touch with her since school, so I won't feel comfortable attending it. Thank you for inviting by the way."

His friends were observing the two of us very closely. Rishab approached us with a smirk and said,"He is asking you attend it, as he has a crush on you since a very long time."
Both of us were shocked and he was glaring at Rishab. I felt weird standing there, so I said "I am getting late.I have to go. It was nice to see everyone once again." 

Taking one last look at his face,I turned to leave and appraoched the elevator, that's when I heard from him "Can you not go please?"