Nine

It's a beautiful (albeit windy, true to the Chicago slogan) Wednesday morning, 10 AM on the dot.

Jungkook stayed up until midnight last night watching similar movies to the scene he saw on set, observing how other people edited the scenes and studying how he would do things differently or taking note of some good details he should add into his own editing.

The sun is shining, yet the morning chill practically comes through the big skyscraper hotel windows. Jungkook is hot-natured, but it doesn't mean he wants to be cold, so he puts on jeans and a black t-shirt underneath his jean jacket, deeming it enough to stay warm—he hasn't quite gotten to know Chicago yet, clearly, because whenever he goes to get in Seokjin's van, he's rubbing his arms with his hands and shivering.

"Turn the heat on, please," Seokjin asks the driver as he sits next to Jungkook. He gives the younger a small smile. "It's winter in Chicago, Jungkook-ah. Your ripped jeans and a jean jacket won't keep you warm."

Jungkook pouts down at his outfit. Maybe he should've worn a long sleeve as well, and a warmer coat like Seokjin has on over his—of course—business attire.

"Aren't you cold, too?" Jungkook questions as the driver turns the wheel to take them to the shopping center. The warm heat from the vents makes Jungkook feel a little better, so he stops rapidly trying to heat himself up with his hands.

"I'm always cold," Seokjin sighs. "I planned on bringing some earmuffs at least, but I forgot them. We'll buy some, yeah?"

Seokjin's ears are awfully red, and this time Jungkook knows it's not because of him being flustered. Anyone could feel the Chicago wind and have red ears—hell, Jungkook's ears are probably red and he doesn't normally redden so easily.

"I have a beanie in my suitcase," Jungkook tells him, "I'll be alright. You should buy yourself some earmuffs, though. You'll catch a cold."

"You'll catch a cold, too. I'll just buy you another beanie, then."

At this point, Jungkook doesn't even bother with rejecting Seokjin's offer. The man is rich and probably doesn't have any issues with buying things when needed, while Jungkook is fine having one beanie that he got for Christmas three years ago, even though he goofed up and decided not to wear it today because he fixed his hair all nicely.

He just wanted to look good.

For no reason in particular.

"Where exactly are we going?" Jungkook asks, looking out the window as they pass by many cars. It wows him because the traffic is heavy and it isn't even rush hour yet.

"There's a shopping center which has a movie and pop culture merch shop," says Seokjin, smiling to himself. "It's a nice-looking place. I looked up the reviews."

Jungkook nods. "Sounds nice. Thank you for taking me."

"No problem, Jungkook-ah."

As it turns out, the shopping center that Seokjin was talking about is a mall. A ginormous Chicago mall. Its floors have floors. There's stairs and ramps that lead up to different floor levels, and the place is so huge that Jungkook can only gawk as they make their way through it.

"Let's get something to eat first," Seokjin offers, placing his hand on Jungkook's back and leading him towards the food center.

Again, Jungkook is in awe at the sight. The food center isn't like normal malls with a few fast food choices—though there definitely isn't a lack of American fast food restaurants to choose from. There's actual restaurants and places to dine in. There's TVs for entertainment, fancy seats and tables, and—