Seven

Jungkook has been working on the scene all week—the second one Seokjin had sent just one day after the party. He knew Kunwoo would take forever to edit his end of the deal, so he decided to take his time on this longer piece, making sure it's excellently cut up and edited to perfection.

The scene, to Jungkook's surprise, was one that Seokjin was in. He didn't know that Seokjin was also into acting, but when he first watched the video, his attention went through the roof whenever Seokjin came onto the set.

Maybe that's another reason why Jungkook worked on it all week instead of getting it done as fast as he could manage. Unlike the other films he's edited fluidly, he took his sweet time watching and editing this one—specifically the parts that Seokjin was in. Perhaps he looked at the screen all night long, editing tiny details for no reason at all just to see Seokjin's acting skills over and over again.

It's a serious scene, so Seokjin's eyes were full of heavy emotion. There were some moments where Jungkook got lost in the acting, sitting in awe as Seokjin said his lines: You're going to let them get away with this? They're monsters, Sungwoo-ah. You have to fight back.

Over the week, Jungkook fantasized so much about Seokjin looking out for the other fictional character, Sungwoo. He wondered what he'd do in that situation, if Seokjin were trying to protect him so intensely. It's kind of hot.

And too many times, Jungkook had to shake his head to get rid of those thoughts. They're far too dangerous.

But now, he's looking over the scene one last time to make sure it's perfect—not just to look at Seokjin. He sends it to Jimin and Hoseok first, asking if it's okay, and they tell him it's amazing and dramatic, that they love it. Jimin even tells him that he showed Taehyung, and he said it's nice as well.

He thanks them before opening his emails and attaching the scene to the CEO. Just like the first time, he's nervous, but he hits send anyways. Then, he closes his laptop and tosses it at the end of his bed, immediately curling up into his mattress and extremely flat pillow—it's hardly enough to call it a pillow.

Within seconds, he's fast asleep, dreaming about Seokjin's serious expressions, his concerned voice, and a future trip to America.

~~~

Monday morning, Jungkook has a peeled banana and peeled tangerine sitting on a napkin in front of him at the company cafeteria. He used to eat breakfast at his cubicle or Miyoung's cubicle, but lately he's been eating at the cafeteria either alone or with Jimin; today he's alone.

He would eat at his own cubicle, but he's tired of seeing Miyoung drape her arms over Kunwoo and kiss him good morning.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches sight of a familiar face across the cafeteria, walking merely a few tables away. Just as he's about to raise his hand and call out to Seokjin, who seems to be in a hurry, he decides against it. Not only is Seokjin in a hurry, but there's a woman walking with him.

Jungkook hums to himself. The woman is talking to Seokjin, who has a stern look on his face as he continues walking, not even glancing her way. She looks like she's explaining something to him, or maybe she's a walking, physical podcast and Seokjin is just listening to her while doing his daily tasks. That's what it looks like to Jungkook, at least. He knows it's a silly idea.

Lost in thought, Jungkook recalls all the conversations he's had with Kim Seokjin. Usually, Seokjin shows all of his interest, makes eye contact, and never rushes. He's never seen Seokjin at such a speed, furrowing his eyebrows as he cuts the corner and exits the cafeteria.

"You're staring."

Jungkook jumps at the sound of Jimin's voice. His brain unhelpfully reminds him that You're staring were the first words Seokjin ever said to him.