Forty One.

"We about to pull up now."

"Where y'all go anyway?"

"Grocery store, had to get something to cook tonight."

"Why you didn't tell my momma to go?"

"Because I can go myself, no reason to bother her."

"You'on listen to nothing I say."

"I do." India said into the phone, turning onto the street where Ja lived. "This the first time I been outside since I got here."

"Yeah aight. Hurry up, I wanna see you before I leave."

"I just parked, we coming."

Ja had been on India super hard about relaxing and not doing too much since she made it to Memphis a few weeks ago. She complied for the most part but it was still times where she wanted to do things on her own, one being if she needed to get up and do something simple like go to the store she could, and she would.

"Guess who's backkk." India watched Kaari unbuckle her seatbelt and climb up in the passenger seat.

"Daddy?!"

"Yup!"

"It's been.." she trailed off taking a second to think "4 days!" She held four fingers up.

"Yup, 4 longgg days." India agreed "come on so we can see him before he leaves again."

"Againnnn?" Kaari asked, her small smile slightly falling.

"Only for a little while this time. He coming back tonight." India assured her. "Come on, let's go scare him."

"Ohh yes!" Karri got excited since Ja was usually the one who would sneak up and scare her.

She opened the door and jumped out of the car before coming around to help India out, something she'd been doing a lot ever since she found out about the baby. Kaari was Ja's child for sure, bossy and doesn't take no for an answer.

"Just let me hold it." Kaari said with her hand out, seeing India try to grab everything all at once.

"Okay" she laughed handing Kaari her purse as she ran off toward the front door.

India grabbed the groceries her and Kaari had made and headed inside the house behind her.

"Shhh. We got to be quiet."

"Let's go" India whispered "I think he's in here."