Chapter 18

"Princess" Matilda scurried out of her chamber without looking back. She heard him call out to her but she would rather deal with her shock alone for now. She stopped as soon as she was sure she was alone at an open corner outside her chamber. She backed herself up the granite wall and released the pants she had been keeping in when Tyrion revealed his secret to her.

Was she supposed to scurry out like that, what would he be thinking; regretting he told her? She had expected a confession that would startle her but surely wasn't expecting the revelation that Tyrion is the prophetized swordsman that would save their earth.

Her father, the king had talked about a prophetized swordsman that would save their lands from timeless chaos. However, he stopped believing in it when years passed and there was no sign of the coming of a swordman. Was Tyrion playing pranks on her or is he really 'The one' She stayed still, allowing her mind to wander around. She jerked when Tyrion's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Princess" He called again, holding onto his chest as he tried to position himself properly. Princess Matilda took in his weak form and spoke.

"What are you doing out here? You need to rest" She swallowed. Her voice was nothing close to being composed as she looked anywhere but him.

"I don't expect you to believe me, but I need you to accept me. I will restore the stone of protection and this land would be safe again, just trust me and tell no one" Tyrion said to her and she looked up at him with glossy eyes.

"Why is it me you are telling this or do anyone else know?" Matilda inquired in a mild tone.

"No" He shook his head "Nobody else knows, but just like you saw through me, I can see through you also, I don't know why but it felt right to tell you Princess, I trust your kind soul" He told her. A smile slowly formed on Matilda's face and just before Tyrion could process what she was up to, she had closed the little space between them, kissing him. Tyrion broke free just immediately, shocked at the princess's action towards him but there was a caught already.

"Ah argh" Aaron cleared his throat, notifying them of his presence. Both Princess Matilda and Tyrion looked towards the intrusion with a syncing abrupt movement.

"Oh, did I interrupt something?" He questioned with a sinister smile etched on his face. Tyrion's chest heaved with concern but Princess Matilda seemed not to mind after realizing it was Aaron. Instead, her subtle expression subsided slowly, replacing with a angry one as she walked away from Tyrion and closer to Aaron.

"Why would you want to harm him? What has gotten into you!" Matilda roared at him only to earn a cunning 'wohhh' from him with his head tilted aback in mockery.

"I can see that he has gotten into your head too, that's what he does best but look at these, our kingdom started falling apart the moment he showed his disgusting face in this land and he was going to elope with Isolde, my wife to be after he casted some lord knows what spell on her and now he's kissing you! Use your sense Matilda! He's a spy that was sent to drift this land apart" Aaron roared back at his cousin. Princess Matilda scoffed as she placed her right palm on her forehead, already getting tired of listening to Aaron speak. She turned her head backward at Tyrion whose eyes were squinted as he stared at Aaron with disbelief before facing her cousin once again.

"Stop your nuisance already, I know you are only jealous that your girlfriend likes him but that doesn't warrant this deep hatred from you, heal Aaron, heal and move on." By the time she completed her words, Tyrion had stepped forward to shield her from Aaron's blackmail of him.

"Let's go back inside Princess" Tyrion persuaded as he guided her by her arms but he was pushed back with annoyance by Aaron, cutting his contact with the princess. He let out a whimper as a reaction to the push which had directly hit his chest's wound, where the arrow had hitted him. The princess gasped at her cousin's unexpected action before he spoke.

"Leave my cousin sister alone! I came here because the king seeks you" He spat with a sneer. Tyrion saw it coming and he wasn't fazed, he looked at the princess and murmured a few words of assurance.

"I'm coming with you" She told him. Aaron looked at them both and rolled his eyes before leading the way.

The king was on his grandeur throne waiting impatiently for Tyrion when Aaron's frame came to his view, followed by Tyrion and the princess. He observed the Three of them as they approached and now before him. His eyes were more focused on Tyrion.

"Look up" The king commanded. Tyrion needed nobody to tell him that he was referring to him. He tilted his head upward to look at the king. He expected to be questioned but nothing came forth from the king.

"Guards! Throw him into the dungeon." He commanded, his decision raising astonished reactions from both Tyrion and the Princess.

"Father, no! He has done nothing wrong, at least try and hear from him first" Matilda tried to persuade her father but his mind seemed made up as his eyes followed the guards who were rushing forward to lift Tyrion up by his arms towards the dungeon area. Tyrion nodded at her in an assuring way that signifies that he would be fine but she wasn't having it.

"Father, you are not this kind of King father, what has Aaron here told you?" She demanded as she gestured at Aaron who seemed to be having fun watching the scene before him.

"Shut up you little one! You know nothing. Go to your room and worry about becoming the Queen of another land because this is mine." The King stood up and left them there.

"What have you told him you rebel!" She fumed at Aaron.