Chapter 11 - New Employees PART 2

"I tried, with Gork and Mork as witnesses, I tried..." I spoke to the orks lined up in front of me as I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

I struggled to hammer some logic and basic discipline into these idiots' brains, but my expectations were too high. You cannot teach old dogs new tricks.

The less-than-desirable results confirmed my claims, as these green imbeciles destroyed the small training area beyond recognition.

Looking to the side, I saw the sides of buildings and targets pierced by bullets and smoking craters resulting from accidental explosions. Well, it is not the end of the world. The grots and I can repair the training area, and I already know what I will do to the orks in front of me.

They are used to traditional ork combat tactics, and trying to change that would be a waste of time. Because of this, I decided to find something for them to fight before they think I am not "orky" enough and try to revolt.

"Very well, you gits, you have proven yourself incapable of fighting the way I want, but you can cause wanton destruction like any other ork. So, congratulations! It's time for you guys to krump some gits!" I exclaimed as I flipped through the papers in my hands.

The orks screamed in joy, throwing their arms up as they threw and swung their Choppas, but...

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

...I shot upwards with my Slugga, catching the group's attention before the situation got out of control.

"What I have in my hands are missions I picked up from the guild, there are many nids to crush and little time to act. I can't be everywhere at once, so you'll be doing missions on my behalf while I'm busy making sure the band grows, but since I'm a generous boss, I'll let you keep the reward." I said, slamming the pile of papers into an ork's chest, making him stagger back.

The orks scrambled to get all the papers, exchanging screams, punches, kicks, and a few stabs before finally calming down and reading the contents of the missions.

"Leave it ta us, boss, we'll br'n some nid heads ta decorate 'da walls!" The ork leading the group responded, grinning from ear to ear in barely contained anticipation.

"Of course, of course, just don't forget to separate the nid parts, you can sell them or turn them into weapons and armor." I said despondently, waving them away.

Then, with a cacophony of war cries, the orks rushed toward the city gates in a riotous mob, leaving a trail of dust in their wake as their hurried footsteps echoed through the streets.

"Hey, boss! Do you think they will complete the missions?" Dobby asked from beside me.

I clasped my hands behind my back as I took a deep breath, looking up at the blue sky filled with white clouds, and thinking about how I would answer the grot's question.

Then I looked toward my little green companion who watched me expectantly and said the answer I had carefully formulated as clearly and objectively as possible.

"I'm honestly hoping they all die." I responded crudely.

"Why?!?" Gulg asked, jumping in surprise next to Dobby.

"You know how we fight, don't you?" I asked my trusty grots.

"Yes, boss!" They both responded simultaneously.

"Can you see that bunch of empty-headed goons fighting just like us?" I asked again, pointing to the destruction surrounding us.

Dobby and Gulg looked around, realization slowly dawning in their eyes until they both let out an "Oh!" when they saw what I meant.