Chapter 8 - Index of Gork

I'm back! Well, are you surprised? I admit it took me a while, but I finally managed to write this chapter, unfortunately, I still don't have a fixed writing routine, I only write when I have time. Still, enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 8 – Index of Gork

I ran along the dirt road, crossing the jungles of Green Morgue. On the way, I passed other orks who came and went in the most diverse vehicles, trucks, cars, motorcycles and much more.

Some honked their horns in annoyance, others shouted in anger or amusement when they saw me pass by, occasionally some of them shot in my direction for no apparent reason. After all, does an ork need a reason to shoot someone? In the end, it wasn't important; I was too fast to be hit.

Leaving the orks behind I continued driving, as we got further away from Thumb of Gork, the jungle became denser, probably due to the distance from the city and the orks extracting resources.

It got to the point that the only noise I could hear was from the buggy or the wind passing by my ears.

"Boss, what is that?!?" Dobby shouted, getting my attention.

Looking in the buggy's rear view mirror, I saw Dobby pointing at something, looking in that direction; I saw what surprised Dobby, A hive city, the large building standing out in the middle of the jungle.

With its gigantic metallic buildings and towers, covered in gothic architecture and touching the sky. I couldn't see many details from here, but I saw that the city seemed to be surrounded by a huge wall, and that smoke and polluted air were coming out of the buildings, forming dark clouds right above.

Great, give the Imperium a few centuries and this entire planet will become a toxic rock floating in space.

"That's a Hive City, Dobby. A place full of humans."

"Humans? What is that? Can I eat it?" Dobby asked, confused.

Hm... How to explain?

"Humans are smaller and weaker beings than us, they don't have claws, sharp teeth, or large, strong muscles, but they are spread throughout the galaxy. Humans in small groups are not dangerous to us, but when they are in larger groups, it is best to let the Boyz take care of them. If you see a psyker or space marine, you better run." I explained to Dobby as we left the hive city behind.

"And what is a psyker and space marine, boss?" Gulg asked.

"A psyker is a human Weirdboy, and a space marine is a human Nob. You understood?"

"Y-yes b-boss!" Gulg replied, trying to hide his fear.

"Don't worry, as far as I know, there are no space marines here, but I can't say the same about psykers, there must be some in the Hive Cities." I said, trying to calm the grot down.

When the towers of the Hive City disappeared into the horizon, we continued our journey without much trouble, with an occasional conversation here and there, or a laugh and curious noise from Laenae, that is, until something moved in the vegetation beside us.

Suddenly, a Gaunt jumped out of the trees and tried to hit me with its claws, but it never happened, since...

"Fire!" Dobby shouted.

DAKKA!

DAKKA!

DAKKA!

Since Gulg hit the Gaunt mid-jump with the buggy's Big Shoota, but the Grot didn't stop there, with Dobby's orders, Gulg handled the Big Shoota, pointing it at the Nids that got in our way.